My EPSON C64 Hates ME!

Hi!

Whenever I print anything from within a software program that allows
me to change margins ie, MS WORD, I have no problem at all.

But, I'm trying to print a Newsletter that I created in MS Picture-it,
and no matter what I do, it prints in the upper left hand quadrant of
the 8 1/2 x 11 paper, at 1/4th the size, or possibly 4 x 6. I've
tried all settings, ie Fit to Page, Custom, etc,to no avail.

I emailed Epson Tech Support but they apparently not understood the
question. I had casually mentioned that "ALSO", when printing directly
from a web page, I get the same problem but the response was that the
printer cannot print directly from the web page.

The Picture-It group did not solve the problem.

Maddening to say the least. Thanks for any help!

Mike
Picture Rocks, AZ

Hi Michael,

I have been in touch with someone at MS who, although not a PictureIt!
expert (his involvement is in a different area), he has some suggestions
for you.

It seems the program is designed for image processing more than
newsletters. You may have it set up for 4x6" printing which is a
standard image size for snapshots and that may explain why it prints as
it does.

He suggests that you make sure the "canvas" is set to 8.5 x 11" (full
page size).

He also suggests a MS article which may help, which can be found at:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=842954.

This article speaks about canvas sizing, resolution and resizing, and
although it is for an image, it might also help you to determine how to
do so with a full newsletter page.

Make sure you look at steps 2-9 before going to step 10 and onward.

Lastly, if nothing else works, try going to the newsgroups shown below.
Explain what it is you have already attempted, which version of the
software you are using and what support already had you try, and see if
someone in that group can provide you with some more guidance.

microsoft.public.picture-it

I hope this is helpful,

Art