New CWS variant

Read all about this nasty
More about variant

    Now that's getting real nasty.........
    Heirloom, old and hates nasties

    "Leysan" <bly.akr@home.com> wrote in message
    news:uUfWSzrdFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Read all about this nasty

    How effective is the CWS Shredder against this type of malware (or should I
    say Spyware)?

    Harry.

    "Leysan" <bly.akr@home.com> wrote in message
    > Read all about this nasty

    Currently, I would expect the Shredder not to be terribly effective - but
    the situation is fluid.

    the Shredder has recently changed owners - again - and is now owned by
    Trend, hopefully it will continue to be offered and updated for free.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > How effective is the CWS Shredder against this type of malware (or should
    > say Spyware)?
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Leysan" <bly.akr@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Read all about this nasty
    >> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1829744,00.asp

    But not strictly a problem for those running Win 9x systems such as Win Me
    or NT type systems such as XP using FAT32 as Alternate Data Streams are
    not a feature of FAT32 filing system.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com