New CWS variant

Currently, I would expect the Shredder not to be terribly effective - but
the situation is fluid.

the Shredder has recently changed owners - again - and is now owned by
Trend, hopefully it will continue to be offered and updated for free.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> How effective is the CWS Shredder against this type of malware (or should
> say Spyware)?
>
> Harry.
>

> "Leysan" <bly.akr@home.com> wrote in message
>> Read all about this nasty
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1829744,00.asp

But not strictly a problem for those running Win 9x systems such as Win Me
or NT type systems such as XP using FAT32 as Alternate Data Streams are
not a feature of FAT32 filing system.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com