freeze on boot

trying to fix pc for a friend. they have windows me...all i know really. on
boot it goes great..until the windows ME bootscreen where along the bottom of
the screen there is the wave like motion of blue colors moving, it does it
for a while, then freeze's.

i have tried a few things via a boot disk, that found on the net, but to no
hope.
have trie to boot in safe mode...nothing, just reboots pc or goes to ME
bootscreen and freeze's.

please help, my friend really need sthe comp up and running, reinstalling
windows is not an option,
1 answer Last reply
More about freeze boot

    It is common for the animated wave-like motion at the bottom of the WinME
    splash screen to "freeze" for a few seconds during boot.
    This is not a problem.

    We need more and better information from you to aid you.
    http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm

    Does the machine boot properly using a "boot disk", aka, EBD?
    If so, will it boot to Safe Mode, where one can use System Restore to revert
    to a previously good state?

    Please repost with additional, precise information so we can better advise
    you.
    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "tatty" <tatty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > trying to fix pc for a friend. they have windows me...all i know really.
    on
    > boot it goes great..until the windows ME bootscreen where along the bottom
    of
    > the screen there is the wave like motion of blue colors moving, it does it
    > for a while, then freeze's.
    >
    > i have tried a few things via a boot disk, that found on the net, but to
    no
    > hope.
    > have trie to boot in safe mode...nothing, just reboots pc or goes to ME
    > bootscreen and freeze's.
    >
    > please help, my friend really need sthe comp up and running, reinstalling
    > windows is not an option,

Windows Me Boot Microsoft Windows