freeze on boot

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 22, 2005 7:23:06 PM

trying to fix pc for a friend. they have windows me...all i know really. on
boot it goes great..until the windows ME bootscreen where along the bottom of
the screen there is the wave like motion of blue colors moving, it does it
for a while, then freeze's.

i have tried a few things via a boot disk, that found on the net, but to no
hope.
have trie to boot in safe mode...nothing, just reboots pc or goes to ME
bootscreen and freeze's.

please help, my friend really need sthe comp up and running, reinstalling
windows is not an option,

More about : freeze boot

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 1:45:15 AM

It is common for the animated wave-like motion at the bottom of the WinME
splash screen to "freeze" for a few seconds during boot.
This is not a problem.

We need more and better information from you to aid you.
http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm

Does the machine boot properly using a "boot disk", aka, EBD?
If so, will it boot to Safe Mode, where one can use System Restore to revert
to a previously good state?

Please repost with additional, precise information so we can better advise
you.
In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------