When will 64 bit programs/applications/os's come out for u..

The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
windows new OS?

thanks,

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/
******************************
8 answers Last reply
More about when programs applications

    dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:

    > The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
    > applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
    > anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
    > windows new OS?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > ******************************
    > http://www.dubyareport.net/
    > http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    > ******************************

    Linux is already available in x86-64 versions. Windows XP x64 is
    currently rumored to be released next month, April 2005. There are
    already Beta versions of 64-bit programs available and more are in
    development.

    Check this site for more information:

    http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=90875

    In article <VcjVd.178$214.34@news02.roc.ny>,
    Scott A. Flint <sflint@citlink.net> wrote:
    >Check this site for more information:
    >
    >http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=90875
    >

    >"dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
    >> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
    >> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
    >> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
    >> windows new OS?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> ******************************
    >> http://www.dubyareport.net/
    >> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    >> ******************************

    64 bit software has been around for 10 years. If you needed it you'd
    know about it.

    --

    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:29:25 GMT, "Scott A. Flint"
    <sflint@citlink.net> wrote:

    >Check this site for more information:
    >
    >http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=90875

    Thanks for the information!

    >"dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
    >> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
    >> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
    >> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
    >> windows new OS?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> ******************************
    >> http://www.dubyareport.net/
    >> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    >> ******************************

    ******************************
    http://www.dubyareport.net/
    http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    ******************************

    Sorry... incorrect url. Try here.

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/x86-64-rc1.html

    > "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
    >> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
    >> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
    >> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
    >> windows new OS?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> ******************************
    >> http://www.dubyareport.net/
    >> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    >> ******************************

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:36:07 GMT, "Scott A. Flint"
    <sflint@citlink.net> wrote:

    >Sorry... incorrect url. Try here.
    >
    >http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/x86-64-rc1.html

    Well LOL, the other URL sounded great anyways to a newbie like me
    anyways but thank you again :-D

    >> "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
    >>> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
    >>> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
    >>> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
    >>> windows new OS?
    >>>
    >>> thanks,
    >>>
    >>> ******************************
    >>> http://www.dubyareport.net/
    >>> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    >>> ******************************

    ******************************
    http://www.dubyareport.net/
    http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    ******************************

    Windows 64 bit XP version will be out in less than 3 months.

    --
    DaveW

    "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
    > The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
    > applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
    > anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
    > windows new OS?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > ******************************
    > http://www.dubyareport.net/
    > http://www.frozenpsi.net/
    > ******************************

    when visual studio 2005 is released, many existing applications will be auto
    ported

    "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
    > The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
    > applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
    > anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
    > windows new OS?
    >
    > thanks,

    > http://www.dubyareport.net/
    > http://www.frozenpsi.net/