When will 64 bit programs/applications/os's come out for u..

The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
windows new OS?

thanks,

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/
******************************

Dee

dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:

> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
> windows new OS?
>
> thanks,
>
> ******************************
> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
> ******************************

Linux is already available in x86-64 versions. Windows XP x64 is
currently rumored to be released next month, April 2005. There are
already Beta versions of 64-bit programs available and more are in
development.

Check this site for more information:

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=90875

In article <VcjVd.178$214.34@news02.roc.ny>,
Scott A. Flint <sflint@citlink.net> wrote:
>Check this site for more information:
>
>http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=90875
>

>"dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
>> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
>> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
>> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
>> windows new OS?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> ******************************
>> http://www.dubyareport.net/
>> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
>> ******************************

64 bit software has been around for 10 years. If you needed it you'd
know about it.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:29:25 GMT, "Scott A. Flint"
<sflint@citlink.net> wrote:

>Check this site for more information:
>
>http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=90875

Thanks for the information!

>"dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
>> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
>> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
>> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
>> windows new OS?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> ******************************
>> http://www.dubyareport.net/
>> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
>> ******************************

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/
******************************

Sorry... incorrect url. Try here.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/x86-64-rc1.html

> "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
>> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
>> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
>> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
>> windows new OS?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> ******************************
>> http://www.dubyareport.net/
>> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
>> ******************************

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:36:07 GMT, "Scott A. Flint"
<sflint@citlink.net> wrote:

>Sorry... incorrect url. Try here.
>
>http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/x86-64-rc1.html

Well LOL, the other URL sounded great anyways to a newbie like me
anyways but thank you again :-D

>> "dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
>>> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
>>> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
>>> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
>>> windows new OS?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> ******************************
>>> http://www.dubyareport.net/
>>> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
>>> ******************************

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/
******************************

Windows 64 bit XP version will be out in less than 3 months.

--
DaveW

"dnc_tn@yahoo.com" <DNC_TN@> wrote in message
> The hardware is already here, but when will the 64but OS's ,
> applications and such be sold to make use of the 64 bit hardware. Does
> anyone know or have I just missed the announcement altogether on
> windows new OS?
>
> thanks,

> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> http://www.frozenpsi.net/

predator

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

when visual studio 2005 is released, many existing applications will be auto
ported