ME Update - DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime

Hi,

Windows Update is continually installing this update.

There is obviously something wrong with my ME setup or Windows Update that
doesn't recognise that the update has already been applied to my system.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks, Ted

Run dxdiag (Start, Run, enter dxdiag in the box and click OK), and see
what it has to say about your DirectX installation. This might help give
some clue as to the cause of the problem.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Ted Wheatley <wheatlt@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Windows Update is continually installing this update.
>
> There is obviously something wrong with my ME setup or Windows Update
> that doesn't recognise that the update has already been applied to my
> system.
>
> Can anyone help please.
>
> Thanks, Ted

When I had a problem with my DirectX 9.0C install, I downloaded the
full, redistributable version of DirectX 9.0C redistributable from
Microsoft (approx. 34 MB), ran it offline and got DX 9.0c installed on
my PC.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

The link to the page with the redistributable download is at the bottom
of the above page. I point you there because the dxwebsetup.exe online
install at the top of the page would not install 9.0C on my WinME PC, so
I gave up and downloaded the redistributable for an offline install.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:17:14 +0100, Ted Wheatley wrote in

> Hi,
>
> Windows Update is continually installing this update.
>
> There is obviously something wrong with my ME setup or Windows Update that
> doesn't recognise that the update has already been applied to my system.
>
> Can anyone help please.
>
> Thanks, Ted

Hello,

"Nevans" <nevansc@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> When I had a problem with my DirectX 9.0C install, I downloaded the
> full, redistributable version of DirectX 9.0C redistributable from
> Microsoft (approx. 34 MB), ran it offline and got DX 9.0c installed on
> my PC.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en
>
> The link to the page with the redistributable download is at the bottom
> of the above page. I point you there because the dxwebsetup.exe online
> install at the top of the page would not install 9.0C on my WinME PC, so
> I gave up and downloaded the redistributable for an offline install.

Here is June 2005 version on redistrubutable - it works in Windows 98SE
but I do not know for Windows ME:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3AD9F0D1-8D81-40C8-9815-924DCD4CD2C5&displaylang=en

Roman

Tried Mike's suggestion of running "dxdiag", it didn't report any problems
neither could I see anything odd with the exception of file
c:\windows\system\MFC42.DLL which has a comment of "Beta Retail" Ver
6.00.8665.0000.

So I tried Nevan's solution of the redistributed download from MS and
re-installed DX which has resolved the problem of Windows Update
continually updating my box with the "DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime" update.

Many thanks,
Ted