Stuttering and Stalling

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Recently after my computer is on for about 10 minutes or longer the movement
of my mouse will begin to stop and start, almost like when the mouse is
dirty, but this is not the case. When I shutdown and bring it back up it
clears it up again for a little while. Any thoughts on the cause and cure?
Thanks, Coyote.

You may already have a virus/spyware hijack

download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
viruses are not present on your PC
http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp

- update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
CoolWebSearch hijacker.

Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
(download it without the accompanying rubbish)

download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
your system.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently after my computer is on for about 10 minutes or longer the
> movement
> of my mouse will begin to stop and start, almost like when the mouse is
> dirty, but this is not the case. When I shutdown and bring it back up it
> clears it up again for a little while. Any thoughts on the cause and cure?
> Thanks, Coyote.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Can I run Stinger if I don't have mcafee software. I use the anti-virus in
VCOM SYSTEM SUITE 5 software. Also, my safe mode doesn't work and trying to
solve the problem with Dell has been fruitless and I gave up. Can CWShredder
be run any other way. I really appreciate your help. thankz........Coyote

"Noel Paton" wrote:

> You may already have a virus/spyware hijack
>
> download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
> viruses are not present on your PC
> http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp
>
> - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
>
> Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
> CoolWebSearch hijacker.
> http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html
>
> Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
> http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
> (download it without the accompanying rubbish)
>
> download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
> update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
> your system.
>

> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recently after my computer is on for about 10 minutes or longer the
> > movement
> > of my mouse will begin to stop and start, almost like when the mouse is
> > dirty, but this is not the case. When I shutdown and bring it back up it
> > clears it up again for a little while. Any thoughts on the cause and cure?
> > Thanks, Coyote.

Stinger is free to use for anyone who can download it (at least at the time
of writing!)

'My Safe Mode doesn't work" is not very descriptive - could you please tell
us what happens when you try to access Safe Mode??

Dell's 'support' system is notorious - but generally better if you can
persuade your first point of contact to kick you up to the next level
(repeat until you get satisfaction<g>).

There is only one way to run any program - however, all programs can be run
both from Safe Mode and from Normal Mode (unless they require drivers which
are not loaded within Safe Mode - CWShredder requires no such drivers)

--

> Can I run Stinger if I don't have mcafee software. I use the anti-virus in
> VCOM SYSTEM SUITE 5 software. Also, my safe mode doesn't work and trying
> solve the problem with Dell has been fruitless and I gave up. Can
> CWShredder
> be run any other way. I really appreciate your help. thankz........Coyote
>
> "Noel Paton" wrote:
>
>> You may already have a virus/spyware hijack
>>
>> download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
>> viruses are not present on your PC
>> http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp
>>
>> - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
>>
>> Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
>> CoolWebSearch hijacker.
>> http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html
>>
>> Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
>> http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
>> (download it without the accompanying rubbish)
>>
>> download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
>> update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
>> your system.
>>

>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Recently after my computer is on for about 10 minutes or longer the
>> > movement
>> > of my mouse will begin to stop and start, almost like when the mouse is
>> > dirty, but this is not the case. When I shutdown and bring it back up
>> > it
>> > clears it up again for a little while. Any thoughts on the cause and
>> > cure?
>> > Thanks, Coyote.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

When I bring up safe mode a "DELL HELP SCREEN opens and the mouse arrow is
frozen and I can't move it or use the mouse. Dell support had me uninstall
and reinstall the drivers and made my mouse lose it's automatic double click
feature. The mouse still didn't move in safe mode. Then they told me to
reinstall the entire operating system and I didn't want to do that as I don't
feel capable to troubeshoot whatever problems might result, so i just let it
be. Thanks again.

"Noel Paton" wrote:

> Stinger is free to use for anyone who can download it (at least at the time
> of writing!)
>
> 'My Safe Mode doesn't work" is not very descriptive - could you please tell
> us what happens when you try to access Safe Mode??
>
> Dell's 'support' system is notorious - but generally better if you can
> persuade your first point of contact to kick you up to the next level
> (repeat until you get satisfaction<g>).
>
> There is only one way to run any program - however, all programs can be run
> both from Safe Mode and from Normal Mode (unless they require drivers which
> are not loaded within Safe Mode - CWShredder requires no such drivers)
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can I run Stinger if I don't have mcafee software. I use the anti-virus in
> > VCOM SYSTEM SUITE 5 software. Also, my safe mode doesn't work and trying
> > solve the problem with Dell has been fruitless and I gave up. Can
> > CWShredder
> > be run any other way. I really appreciate your help. thankz........Coyote
> >
> > "Noel Paton" wrote:
> >
> >> You may already have a virus/spyware hijack
> >>
> >> download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
> >> viruses are not present on your PC
> >> http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp
> >>
> >> - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
> >>
> >> Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
> >> CoolWebSearch hijacker.
> >> http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html
> >>
> >> Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
> >> http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
> >> (download it without the accompanying rubbish)
> >>
> >> download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
> >> update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
> >> your system.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
> >>
> >> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> >> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
> >>
> >> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
> >>
> >> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

This sounds to me as if you have a USB mouse, rather than a PS/2 mouse......

If you're not aware of the difference, a PS/2 mouse has a circular plug,
while a USB mouse has a rectangular plug - which do you have?? Is there an
adapter in the line, and if so - what sort of socket in the PC does it lead
to?

If you do indeed have a USB mouse, then the idiots have excelled themselves
at Dell (again!) - and you need to either use the adapter that (should have
come)came with the mouse OR go into the BIOS to enable use of the mouse in
Safe Mode - please post back for details, quoting your exact model of PC,
and the make/model of your mouse (usually found on the base)

Other option is to phone Dell again, and ask "How do I enable USB mouse on
this PC, in Safe Mode?"

HTH

--

> When I bring up safe mode a "DELL HELP SCREEN opens and the mouse arrow is
> frozen and I can't move it or use the mouse. Dell support had me uninstall
> and reinstall the drivers and made my mouse lose it's automatic double
> click
> feature. The mouse still didn't move in safe mode. Then they told me to
> reinstall the entire operating system and I didn't want to do that as I
> don't
> feel capable to troubeshoot whatever problems might result, so i just let
> it
> be. Thanks again.
>
> "Noel Paton" wrote:
>
>> Stinger is free to use for anyone who can download it (at least at the
>> time
>> of writing!)
>>
>> 'My Safe Mode doesn't work" is not very descriptive - could you please
>> tell
>> us what happens when you try to access Safe Mode??
>>
>> Dell's 'support' system is notorious - but generally better if you can
>> persuade your first point of contact to kick you up to the next level
>> (repeat until you get satisfaction<g>).
>>
>> There is only one way to run any program - however, all programs can be
>> run
>> both from Safe Mode and from Normal Mode (unless they require drivers
>> which
>> are not loaded within Safe Mode - CWShredder requires no such drivers)
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can I run Stinger if I don't have mcafee software. I use the anti-virus
>> > in
>> > VCOM SYSTEM SUITE 5 software. Also, my safe mode doesn't work and
>> > trying
>> > solve the problem with Dell has been fruitless and I gave up. Can
>> > CWShredder
>> > be run any other way. I really appreciate your help.
>> > thankz........Coyote

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Yes, I have a rectangular plug, so I have a USB mouse. There is no adapter in
the line. It is a Logitech Model M: - BA47. My computer is a Dell Dimension
8100 Desktop. I haven't gone into the BIOS yet. I thought I would first get
back to you with this information. Thanks as always.

"Noel Paton" wrote:

> This sounds to me as if you have a USB mouse, rather than a PS/2 mouse......
>
> If you're not aware of the difference, a PS/2 mouse has a circular plug,
> while a USB mouse has a rectangular plug - which do you have?? Is there an
> adapter in the line, and if so - what sort of socket in the PC does it lead
> to?
>

> If you do indeed have a USB mouse, then the idiots have excelled themselves
> at Dell (again!) - and you need to either use the adapter that (should have
> come)came with the mouse OR go into the BIOS to enable use of the mouse in
> Safe Mode - please post back for details, quoting your exact model of PC,
> and the make/model of your mouse (usually found on the base)
>
> Other option is to phone Dell again, and ask "How do I enable USB mouse on
> this PC, in Safe Mode?"
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I bring up safe mode a "DELL HELP SCREEN opens and the mouse arrow is
> > frozen and I can't move it or use the mouse. Dell support had me uninstall
> > and reinstall the drivers and made my mouse lose it's automatic double
> > click
> > feature. The mouse still didn't move in safe mode. Then they told me to
> > reinstall the entire operating system and I didn't want to do that as I
> > don't
> > feel capable to troubeshoot whatever problems might result, so i just let
> > it
> > be. Thanks again.
> >
> > "Noel Paton" wrote:
> >
> >> Stinger is free to use for anyone who can download it (at least at the
> >> time
> >> of writing!)
> >>
> >> 'My Safe Mode doesn't work" is not very descriptive - could you please
> >> tell
> >> us what happens when you try to access Safe Mode??
> >>
> >> Dell's 'support' system is notorious - but generally better if you can
> >> persuade your first point of contact to kick you up to the next level
> >> (repeat until you get satisfaction<g>).
> >>
> >> There is only one way to run any program - however, all programs can be
> >> run
> >> both from Safe Mode and from Normal Mode (unless they require drivers
> >> which
> >> are not loaded within Safe Mode - CWShredder requires no such drivers)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
> >>
> >> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> >> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
> >>
> >> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
> >>
> >> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Yup - that's a USB/PS2 mouse, alright!

You should have somewhere, the adapter that comes with it - you can either
use that and plug into the PS2 port on the back of the PC, or adjust the
BIOS so that it recognises the mouse as being USB Legacy.

<morons at Dell to the fore, for shooting, please!>

That said, it is possible that your mouse problems are simply caused by a
slightly 'iffy' mouse cable - if so, then no amount of playing with the PC
is going to cure it, and you need to think about an alternative mouse.

Your choice. (mine would be to try the software/BIOS approach first)

--

> Yes, I have a rectangular plug, so I have a USB mouse. There is no adapter
> in
> the line. It is a Logitech Model M: - BA47. My computer is a Dell
> Dimension
> 8100 Desktop. I haven't gone into the BIOS yet. I thought I would first
> get
> back to you with this information. Thanks as always.
>
> "Noel Paton" wrote:
>
>> This sounds to me as if you have a USB mouse, rather than a PS/2
>> mouse......
>>
>> If you're not aware of the difference, a PS/2 mouse has a circular plug,
>> while a USB mouse has a rectangular plug - which do you have?? Is there
>> an
>> adapter in the line, and if so - what sort of socket in the PC does it
>> lead
>> to?
>>

>> If you do indeed have a USB mouse, then the idiots have excelled
>> themselves
>> at Dell (again!) - and you need to either use the adapter that (should
>> have
>> come)came with the mouse OR go into the BIOS to enable use of the mouse
>> in
>> Safe Mode - please post back for details, quoting your exact model of PC,
>> and the make/model of your mouse (usually found on the base)
>>
>> Other option is to phone Dell again, and ask "How do I enable USB mouse
>> on
>> this PC, in Safe Mode?"
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I bring up safe mode a "DELL HELP SCREEN opens and the mouse arrow
>> > is
>> > frozen and I can't move it or use the mouse. Dell support had me
>> > uninstall
>> > and reinstall the drivers and made my mouse lose it's automatic double
>> > click
>> > feature. The mouse still didn't move in safe mode. Then they told me to
>> > reinstall the entire operating system and I didn't want to do that as I
>> > don't
>> > feel capable to troubeshoot whatever problems might result, so i just
>> > let
>> > it
>> > be. Thanks again.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Thanks for all your help. I just want to make sure that I have this right as
far as running CWSHREDDER>I don't actually have to run it in safe mode, but
it is the preferred method? as always..........thanks.

"Noel Paton" wrote:

> Yup - that's a USB/PS2 mouse, alright!
>
> You should have somewhere, the adapter that comes with it - you can either
> use that and plug into the PS2 port on the back of the PC, or adjust the
> BIOS so that it recognises the mouse as being USB Legacy.
>
> <morons at Dell to the fore, for shooting, please!>
>
> That said, it is possible that your mouse problems are simply caused by a
> slightly 'iffy' mouse cable - if so, then no amount of playing with the PC
> is going to cure it, and you need to think about an alternative mouse.
>
> Your choice. (mine would be to try the software/BIOS approach first)
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, I have a rectangular plug, so I have a USB mouse. There is no adapter
> > in
> > the line. It is a Logitech Model M: - BA47. My computer is a Dell
> > Dimension
> > 8100 Desktop. I haven't gone into the BIOS yet. I thought I would first
> > get
> > back to you with this information. Thanks as always.
> >
> > "Noel Paton" wrote:
> >
> >> This sounds to me as if you have a USB mouse, rather than a PS/2
> >> mouse......
> >>
> >> If you're not aware of the difference, a PS/2 mouse has a circular plug,
> >> while a USB mouse has a rectangular plug - which do you have?? Is there
> >> an
> >> adapter in the line, and if so - what sort of socket in the PC does it
> >> lead
> >> to?
> >>

> >> If you do indeed have a USB mouse, then the idiots have excelled
> >> themselves
> >> at Dell (again!) - and you need to either use the adapter that (should
> >> have
> >> come)came with the mouse OR go into the BIOS to enable use of the mouse
> >> in
> >> Safe Mode - please post back for details, quoting your exact model of PC,
> >> and the make/model of your mouse (usually found on the base)
> >>
> >> Other option is to phone Dell again, and ask "How do I enable USB mouse
> >> on
> >> this PC, in Safe Mode?"
> >>
> >> HTH
> >>
> >> --
> >> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
> >>
> >> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> >> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
> >>
> >> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
> >>
> >> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Shane

Most - though not all - common malware will not be running in Safe Mode.
Running malware may be harder to detect and/or remove.

Shane

> Thanks for all your help. I just want to make sure that I have this right
> as
> far as running CWSHREDDER>I don't actually have to run it in safe mode,
> but
> it is the preferred method? as always..........thanks.
>
> "Noel Paton" wrote:
>
>> Yup - that's a USB/PS2 mouse, alright!
>>
>> You should have somewhere, the adapter that comes with it - you can
>> either
>> use that and plug into the PS2 port on the back of the PC, or adjust the
>> BIOS so that it recognises the mouse as being USB Legacy.
>>
>> <morons at Dell to the fore, for shooting, please!>
>>
>> That said, it is possible that your mouse problems are simply caused by a
>> slightly 'iffy' mouse cable - if so, then no amount of playing with the
>> PC
>> is going to cure it, and you need to think about an alternative mouse.
>>
>> Your choice. (mine would be to try the software/BIOS approach first)
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, I have a rectangular plug, so I have a USB mouse. There is no
>> > adapter
>> > in
>> > the line. It is a Logitech Model M: - BA47. My computer is a Dell
>> > Dimension
>> > 8100 Desktop. I haven't gone into the BIOS yet. I thought I would first
>> > get
>> > back to you with this information. Thanks as always.

(thanks, Shane!) - I agree...

--

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Most - though not all - common malware will not be running in Safe Mode.
> Running malware may be harder to detect and/or remove.
>

> Shane
>
> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for all your help. I just want to make sure that I have this right
>> as
>> far as running CWSHREDDER>I don't actually have to run it in safe mode,
>> but
>> it is the preferred method? as always..........thanks.
>>
>> "Noel Paton" wrote:
>>
>>> Yup - that's a USB/PS2 mouse, alright!
>>>
>>> You should have somewhere, the adapter that comes with it - you can
>>> either
>>> use that and plug into the PS2 port on the back of the PC, or adjust the
>>> BIOS so that it recognises the mouse as being USB Legacy.
>>>
>>> <morons at Dell to the fore, for shooting, please!>
>>>
>>> That said, it is possible that your mouse problems are simply caused by
>>> slightly 'iffy' mouse cable - if so, then no amount of playing with the
>>> PC
>>> is going to cure it, and you need to think about an alternative mouse.
>>>
>>> Your choice. (mine would be to try the software/BIOS approach first)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>>
>>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>>
>>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
>>> NG's
>>>
>>> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Shane

You're Noel, welcome!

Shane

> (thanks, Shane!) - I agree...
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Most - though not all - common malware will not be running in Safe Mode.
>> Running malware may be harder to detect and/or remove.
>>

>> Shane
>>
>> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for all your help. I just want to make sure that I have this
>>> right as
>>> far as running CWSHREDDER>I don't actually have to run it in safe mode,
>>> but
>>> it is the preferred method? as always..........thanks.

....I'm not sure - but thanks anyway<g>
(Who are you?, Arthur?)

--

> You're Noel, welcome!
>

> Shane
>

> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> (thanks, Shane!) - I agree...
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Most - though not all - common malware will not be running in Safe Mode.
>>> Running malware may be harder to detect and/or remove.
>>>

>>> Shane
>>>
>>> "coyote" <coyote@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

<lol> We haven't seen Arthur since he moved <g>
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> ...I'm not sure - but thanks anyway<g>
> (Who are you?, Arthur?)

Shane

Strike a light, it's Chalky White! I claim my ten bob note!

Arthur

--
H<@

OMG! - that takes me back a bit!

--

"Shane" <arthuratkins@'ere'aveyouseenit?where'smewashboard?> wrote in
message news:%232Z7YJngFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Strike a light, it's Chalky White! I claim my ten bob note!
>
> Arthur
>
> --
> H<@
> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> ...I'm not sure - but thanks anyway<g>
>> (Who are you?, Arthur?)
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > You're Noel, welcome!
>> >

>> > Shane
>> >

>> > "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> NG's

> Mode.

> mode,

> mouse.

> circular

> model

> mouse
> me
> told

> least

> you

> next

> programs

> work
> up.

> all

> such

> message
> when
> bring
> the

Shane

As does bombs going off in London, eh?

My sister's Thameslink service was cancelled this morning, so she took the
tube. At Euston they were evacuated. At street level she heard the Kings
Cross explosion. Right now she's walking North-ish from Baker St. trying to
find some means of getting back home.

Shane

> OMG! - that takes me back a bit!
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Shane" <arthuratkins@'ere'aveyouseenit?where'smewashboard?> wrote in
> message news:%232Z7YJngFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Strike a light, it's Chalky White! I claim my ten bob note!
>>
>> Arthur
>>
>> --
>> H<@
>> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>> ...I'm not sure - but thanks anyway<g>
>>> (Who are you?, Arthur?)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>>
>>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>>
>>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to
>>> NG's
>>>
>>> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> NG's

>> Mode.

>> mode,

>> mouse.

>> circular

>> model

>> mouse
>> me
>> told

>> least

>> you

>> next

>> programs

>> work
>> up.

>> all

>> such

>> message
>> when
>> bring
>> the

Shane <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote:

> As does bombs going off in London, eh?
>
> My sister's Thameslink service was cancelled this morning, so she
> took the tube. At Euston they were evacuated. At street level she
> heard the Kings Cross explosion. Right now she's walking North-ish
> from Baker St. trying to find some means of getting back home.

What your sister heard was probably the bus that was blown up in Upper
Woburn Place. The Kings Cross tube was a Piccadilly Line train between
Kings Cross and Russell Square and runs pretty deep.
--
Mike

Shane

> What your sister heard was probably the bus that was blown up in Upper
> Woburn Place. The Kings Cross tube was a Piccadilly Line train between
> Kings Cross and Russell Square and runs pretty deep.

In that case I agree. I thought it was a sub-surface line - probably H&C.
Though I know Edgware Rd is only SSL and Liverpool St./Aldgate. I was
wondering about the shot of passengers being led through a tube. Had it been
Victoria or Northern I expect she would have heard it, but not Piccadily.
She's just now got home.

I find it all a little eerie as over the past year-and-a-half I went out on
the network a lot seeing what remained of the old Underground, so dismayed
was I when I realised red trains were no longer running. Then I realised the
stations were being irrevocably altered and ended up going to the main line
termini too to view the magnificent architecture and ride the last of the
slam door stock.

I still have around 50 copies of the Underground map, which I thought I
might trade with the natives here for their land (I started taking handfuls
of them as I seemed always to attract those from out of town, lost, who I
ended up giving my map to).

I actually felt like I ought to be there today. But I couldn't decide where
I'd prefer to be stranded.

Shane

Glad to hear your sister got home OK Shane.
Joan

Shane wrote:
She's just now got home.

Shane

Thanks, Joan.

Shane

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Glad to hear your sister got home OK Shane.
> Joan
>

> Shane wrote:
> She's just now got home.

now if Noel would log on....

Rick

Shane wrote:
> Thanks, Joan.
>

> Shane
>

> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>
>>Glad to hear your sister got home OK Shane.
>>Joan
>>

>>Shane wrote:
>>She's just now got home.

Noel lives in n.Wales and was nowhere near London. I heard from him
earlier today by e-mail.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Rick T <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> now if Noel would log on....

Shane

Noel's likely further from London than I am now. Which is lucky as there
must be a breaking point, even if the Luftwaffe couldn't find it!

Shane

> now if Noel would log on....
>

> Rick
>

> Shane wrote:
>> Thanks, Joan.
>>

>> Shane
>>

>> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Glad to hear your sister got home OK Shane.
>>>Joan
>>>

>>>Shane wrote:
>>>She's just now got home.

thankyous,

from this side of the pond y'all look the same.

Shane wrote:
> Noel's likely further from London than I am now. Which is lucky as there
> must be a breaking point, even if the Luftwaffe couldn't find it!
>
> Shane
>
> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>now if Noel would log on....
>>

>>Rick