Default Save location...

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 27, 2005 3:03:26 AM

Whenever I attempt to save any new document or picture, the Save As location
defaults to My Documents and My Documents/My Pictures, respectively. Then I
have to scroll to select C:\, and scroll to the location I prefer. Is there
any way I can change the default Save As location to the folders I most
often use?

Thanks.

Silas

More about : default save location

June 27, 2005 8:12:51 AM

It should remember the last location you saved to. Are you running a cleaner
that deletes MRU items?

Shane

"Silas" <silasmprophetNOSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Whenever I attempt to save any new document or picture, the Save As
> location
> defaults to My Documents and My Documents/My Pictures, respectively. Then
> have to scroll to select C:\, and scroll to the location I prefer. Is
> there
> any way I can change the default Save As location to the folders I most
> often use?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Silas

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:20:57 PM

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It should remember the last location you saved to. Are you running a
cleaner
> that deletes MRU items?
>

> Shane

If I save consecutive docs, then yes, it remembers the last location. But on
each fresh boot it defaults to My Documents. I'd like to change that default
to another location.

Thanks.

Silas
June 28, 2005 1:59:05 AM

Not sure if this is what you want (and assumes a Word document)

Open Word and select 'Tools' Menu then 'Options', then select 'File
Locations' tab, where you can 'modify' the Save Location.

HTH

Mart

>> "Silas" <silasmprophetNOSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> > Whenever I attempt to save any new document or picture, the Save As
>> > location
>> > defaults to My Documents and My Documents/My Pictures, respectively.
> Then
>> > have to scroll to select C:\, and scroll to the location I prefer. Is
>> > there
>> > any way I can change the default Save As location to the folders I most
>> > often use?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Silas
>> >

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> It should remember the last location you saved to. Are you running a
> cleaner
>> that deletes MRU items?
>>

>> Shane
>>

> If I save consecutive docs, then yes, it remembers the last location. But
> on
> each fresh boot it defaults to My Documents. I'd like to change that
> default
> to another location.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Silas

Anonymous
June 28, 2005 1:59:06 AM

Thanks, that does help; I can't believe I overlooked that. Any ideas on how
I can do that for images?

Silas

!