Default Save location...

Whenever I attempt to save any new document or picture, the Save As location
defaults to My Documents and My Documents/My Pictures, respectively. Then I
have to scroll to select C:\, and scroll to the location I prefer. Is there
any way I can change the default Save As location to the folders I most
often use?

Thanks.

Silas
4 answers Last reply
More about default save location

    It should remember the last location you saved to. Are you running a cleaner
    that deletes MRU items?

    Shane

    "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > It should remember the last location you saved to. Are you running a
    cleaner
    > that deletes MRU items?
    >

    > Shane

    If I save consecutive docs, then yes, it remembers the last location. But on
    each fresh boot it defaults to My Documents. I'd like to change that default
    to another location.

    Thanks.

    Silas

    Not sure if this is what you want (and assumes a Word document)

    Open Word and select 'Tools' Menu then 'Options', then select 'File
    Locations' tab, where you can 'modify' the Save Location.

    HTH

    Mart

    >> "Silas" <silasmprophetNOSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >> > Whenever I attempt to save any new document or picture, the Save As
    >> > location
    >> > defaults to My Documents and My Documents/My Pictures, respectively.
    > Then
    >> > have to scroll to select C:\, and scroll to the location I prefer. Is
    >> > there
    >> > any way I can change the default Save As location to the folders I most
    >> > often use?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > Silas
    >> >

    > "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> It should remember the last location you saved to. Are you running a
    > cleaner
    >> that deletes MRU items?
    >>

    >> Shane
    >>

    > If I save consecutive docs, then yes, it remembers the last location. But
    > on
    > each fresh boot it defaults to My Documents. I'd like to change that
    > default
    > to another location.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Silas

    Thanks, that does help; I can't believe I overlooked that. Any ideas on how
    I can do that for images?

    Silas

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > Not sure if this is what you want (and assumes a Word document)
    >
    > Open Word and select 'Tools' Menu then 'Options', then select 'File
    > Locations' tab, where you can 'modify' the Save Location.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Silas" <silasmprophetNOSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > >> "Silas" <silasmprophetNOSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > > Then

    > > "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> It should remember the last location you saved to. Are you running a
    > > cleaner
    > >> that deletes MRU items?
    > >>

    > >> Shane
    > >>

    > > If I save consecutive docs, then yes, it remembers the last location.
    But
    > > on
    > > each fresh boot it defaults to My Documents. I'd like to change that
    > > default
    > > to another location.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Silas