Hello all I´m thinking of buying a new PC and i doubt between amd or
pentium, what would you choose and why?
Thanks

A wrote:
> Hello all I´m thinking of buying a new PC and i doubt between amd or
> pentium, what would you choose and why?
> Thanks

Are you going to buy any 64-bit applications?

This has been argued to death, do a search on even this newsgroup alone.
For most situations I think you'll see negligable differences.

In article <1109962996.494786@nispero.mad.tiscali.red>, A says...
> Hello all I?m thinking of buying a new PC and i doubt between amd or
> pentium, what would you choose and why?
> Thanks

AMD.

Cheaper.
Runs faster than Intel.
Doesn't have heat issues.
Best for gaming.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

hitch

I heard opinions that if you don't want any CPU/mobo compatibility
issues then buy Intel/Intel.

Talking about comparable models, AMD is more overall productive, while
Intel is more powerful in calculations-heavy tasks, such as 3D
rendering.

Personally I have AMD 64 - they are cheaper, will allow me to play with
64-bit Windows when it comes to existence (beta already there), and I
plan on upgrading anyway when dual-core CPUs will arrive.

I personally feel AMD is a better bet.

Regards,
Rajesh B.K.

"A" <angelpascual@tiscali.es> wrote in message
> Hello all I´m thinking of buying a new PC and i doubt between amd or
> pentium, what would you choose and why?
> Thanks

jad

> Cheaper.

Runs faster than Intel.
> Doesn't have heat issues.
> Best for gaming.

1 on of 4 ain't bad, your an antagonist

In article <1109971842.054231.221980@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
hitch says...
> I heard opinions that if you don't want any CPU/mobo compatibility
> issues then buy Intel/Intel.

Used to be true a few years ago.

> Talking about comparable models, AMD is more overall productive, while
> Intel is more powerful in calculations-heavy tasks, such as 3D
> rendering.

Pretty accurate overview.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

In article <%R4Wd.552$Zz6.199@fe02.lga>, JAD says...

> > Cheaper.
> >

> Runs faster than Intel.
> > Doesn't have heat issues.
> > Best for gaming.
> >

> 1 on of 4 ain't bad, your an antagonist

What?

--
Conor

-- George Patton

> Hello all I´m thinking of buying a new PC and i doubt between amd or
> pentium, what would you choose and why?
> Thanks

Support AMD. They are still the little guy. Why reward Intel for
lazy and bad engineering?

A wrote:

> Hello all I´m thinking of buying a new PC and i doubt between amd or
> pentium, what would you choose and why?

AMD. Widely available 64 bits, AMD set the standard for 64 bits and they're
on their second generation of the chips, faster for the money and available
for very reasonable $.

--

Registered Linux user #378193