Sony Vaio, no recovery disk, new OS, no mouse...

Alright, friend has a vaio pcv-rx450 that the OS went belly up on. Recovery
disks present a "critical error" at 12% every time, they are pretty
scratched up, tried a scratch remover, no go.
SO, did an fdisk, format, reinstalled Win ME, boots fine, but No mouse is
recognized.
Tried using add new hardware wizard, tried several choices, Serial/ps2,
reboot after each , still no functioning mouse.
Any thoughts as to how to resolve this?
Thanks
Brandon

Brandon wrote:
> Alright, friend has a vaio pcv-rx450 that the OS went belly up on. Recovery
> disks present a "critical error" at 12% every time, they are pretty
> scratched up, tried a scratch remover, no go.
> SO, did an fdisk, format, reinstalled Win ME, boots fine, but No mouse is
> recognized.
> Tried using add new hardware wizard, tried several choices, Serial/ps2,
> reboot after each , still no functioning mouse.
> Any thoughts as to how to resolve this?
> Thanks
> Brandon

Contact Sony and ask for a replacement disk.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

"spodosaurus" <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message
> Brandon wrote:
> > Alright, friend has a vaio pcv-rx450 that the OS went belly up on.
Recovery
> > disks present a "critical error" at 12% every time, they are pretty
> > scratched up, tried a scratch remover, no go.
> > SO, did an fdisk, format, reinstalled Win ME, boots fine, but No mouse
is
> > recognized.
> > Tried using add new hardware wizard, tried several choices, Serial/ps2,
> > reboot after each , still no functioning mouse.
> > Any thoughts as to how to resolve this?
> > Thanks
> > Brandon
> >

> Contact Sony and ask for a replacement disk.

Sony wants $120.00 for replacement disks. I am going to try to go this
other route.
Thanks