Kernel 32 Caused a General Protection Fault and also MSN E..

ME, IE 6, Dell 4100 series. 20 gigabytes hard drive, 256 mb ram.

While on a "Scientific American" website and while SpyDoctor was scanning
for "infections," I received the following message in black on a white
background box: Kernel 32 caused a general protection fault in module
KRNL386.EXE at 0001.000075a8. My puter was frozen and ctrl-alt-del did
nothing, so I had to use the emergency reboot button. I suspect this was
caused by SpyDoctor, but I don't know.

Upon start up, I also receive the following messages: "Internet Explorer
Script Error
Line 20
Char 1
Error object expected
Code 0
url: http://t.msn.com/en-us/default.aspx?ver=7.0.0777&did=1

Do you want to continue running script on this page?"

I click No several times, but the message reappears, sometimes with Line 7
instead of 20. Last time this happened (after the puter loaded), I had to
click 7 times. This appears related to an msn site. Before I was getting
that message, I would receive an MSN newsflash box, together with my hotmail
entries, which I did not want to appear. So, I downloaded "Startup Cop" and
deleted the MSN site (msnmsgr.exe) from appearing at start up. However, in
order to access my hotmail, when I clicked on the little pawn in the
Systray, the site automatically undeleted itself from the startup cop menu.
I can live with that, but now it doesn't appear, but these annoying messages
do.
3 answers Last reply
More about kernel caused general protection fault

    Try a system restore

    "Someone" wrote:

    > ME, IE 6, Dell 4100 series. 20 gigabytes hard drive, 256 mb ram.
    >
    > While on a "Scientific American" website and while SpyDoctor was scanning
    > for "infections," I received the following message in black on a white
    > background box: Kernel 32 caused a general protection fault in module
    > KRNL386.EXE at 0001.000075a8. My puter was frozen and ctrl-alt-del did
    > nothing, so I had to use the emergency reboot button. I suspect this was
    > caused by SpyDoctor, but I don't know.
    >
    > Upon start up, I also receive the following messages: "Internet Explorer
    > Script Error
    > Line 20
    > Char 1
    > Error object expected
    > Code 0
    > url: http://t.msn.com/en-us/default.aspx?ver=7.0.0777&did=1
    >
    > Do you want to continue running script on this page?"
    >
    > I click No several times, but the message reappears, sometimes with Line 7
    > instead of 20. Last time this happened (after the puter loaded), I had to
    > click 7 times. This appears related to an msn site. Before I was getting
    > that message, I would receive an MSN newsflash box, together with my hotmail
    > entries, which I did not want to appear. So, I downloaded "Startup Cop" and
    > deleted the MSN site (msnmsgr.exe) from appearing at start up. However, in
    > order to access my hotmail, when I clicked on the little pawn in the
    > Systray, the site automatically undeleted itself from the startup cop menu.
    > I can live with that, but now it doesn't appear, but these annoying messages
    > do.

    No need for SR. I did not get the Kernel 32 error this time after the puter
    loaded, but MS got its news flash in. I suspect that the IE errors have
    been caused by the MS website. I was just wondering what caused the Kernel
    32 error.
    > Try a system restore
    >
    > "Someone" wrote:
    >
    > > ME, IE 6, Dell 4100 series. 20 gigabytes hard drive, 256 mb ram.
    > >
    > > While on a "Scientific American" website and while SpyDoctor was
    scanning
    > > for "infections," I received the following message in black on a white
    > > background box: Kernel 32 caused a general protection fault in module
    > > KRNL386.EXE at 0001.000075a8. My puter was frozen and ctrl-alt-del did
    > > nothing, so I had to use the emergency reboot button. I suspect this
    was
    > > caused by SpyDoctor, but I don't know.
    > >
    > > Upon start up, I also receive the following messages: "Internet
    Explorer
    > > Script Error
    > > Line 20
    > > Char 1
    > > Error object expected
    > > Code 0
    > > url: http://t.msn.com/en-us/default.aspx?ver=7.0.0777&did=1
    > >
    > > Do you want to continue running script on this page?"
    > >
    > > I click No several times, but the message reappears, sometimes with Line
    7
    > > instead of 20. Last time this happened (after the puter loaded), I had
    > > click 7 times. This appears related to an msn site. Before I was
    getting
    > > that message, I would receive an MSN newsflash box, together with my
    hotmail
    > > entries, which I did not want to appear. So, I downloaded "Startup Cop"
    and
    > > deleted the MSN site (msnmsgr.exe) from appearing at start up. However,
    in
    > > order to access my hotmail, when I clicked on the little pawn in the
    > > Systray, the site automatically undeleted itself from the startup cop
    menu.
    > > I can live with that, but now it doesn't appear, but these annoying
    messages
    > > do.

    " I was just wondering what caused the Kernel 32 error."

    http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/kernel32.htm

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "Someone" <someone@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > No need for SR. I did not get the Kernel 32 error this time after the
    puter
    > loaded, but MS got its news flash in. I suspect that the IE errors have
    > been caused by the MS website. I was just wondering what caused the
    Kernel
    > 32 error.

    <SNIP>

Internet Explorer Windows