WiFi problem after ROM u/g

August 19, 2004 9:24:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could connect
flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to version 1.10

Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop continues to
connect without a problem. I have tried the usual resets, switch on and off,
remove/add settings but to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

More about : wifi problem rom

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 9:24:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I can't help - but I can commiserate! I had exactly the same issue.
Wireless connections were perfect before the upgrade, impossible
afterwards. I've gone back to the previous ROM, and everything is back to
normal again.

ZB wrote:

> I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could connect
> flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to version 1.10

> Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop continues to
> connect without a problem. I have tried the usual resets, switch on and off,
> remove/add settings but to no avail.

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks.
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 11:00:51 PM

I've got exactly the same problem. Funny thing is it worked fine for a day.
Now Wi fi fo fum won't even detect a signal when I know for a fact that both
I and my neighbor have our access points on.
gg

"ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ok2hhFavlgoU1@uni-berlin.de...
> I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could
connect
> flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to version 1.10
>
> Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop continues to
> connect without a problem. I have tried the usual resets, switch on and
off,
> remove/add settings but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.

Related resources
August 20, 2004 12:27:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Reboot your wireless router and you should connect fine. I had the same
problems after 2 rom updates on 4150`s, spent hours trying to connect. I
rebooted the wireless router and everthing worked fine on the ppc.

TH

"ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ok2hhFavlgoU1@uni-berlin.de...
>I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could connect
> flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to version 1.10
>
> Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop continues to
> connect without a problem. I have tried the usual resets, switch on and
> off,
> remove/add settings but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 1:47:40 AM

TH wrote:
> Reboot your wireless router and you should connect fine. I had the
> same problems after 2 rom updates on 4150`s, spent hours trying to
> connect. I rebooted the wireless router and everthing worked fine on
> the ppc.
>
> TH

That was one of the first things I did and it still doesnt work :-(
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 3:40:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Have you tried removing the battery and pressing the reset button 5 times?
You need to do that on a 5555.

--
David Hettel
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risks for your use.

"ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2okhvaFbr9laU1@uni-berlin.de...
> TH wrote:
>> Reboot your wireless router and you should connect fine. I had the
>> same problems after 2 rom updates on 4150`s, spent hours trying to
>> connect. I rebooted the wireless router and everthing worked fine on
>> the ppc.
>>
>> TH
>
> That was one of the first things I did and it still doesnt work :-(

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 3:40:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I just removed the hp Ipaq h4x00 WLAN driver update and that seems to have
done the trick.
gg
"David Hettel MS MVP - Mobile Devices" <dhettel@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Have you tried removing the battery and pressing the reset button 5 times?
> You need to do that on a 5555.
>
> --
> David Hettel
> Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>
> This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> You assume all risks for your use.
>
> Handhelds, mobile: http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>
> "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > TH wrote:
> >> Reboot your wireless router and you should connect fine. I had the
> >> same problems after 2 rom updates on 4150`s, spent hours trying to
> >> connect. I rebooted the wireless router and everthing worked fine on
> >> the ppc.
> >>
> >> TH
> >
> > That was one of the first things I did and it still doesnt work :-(

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 10:44:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Check wifi settings, advanced, select networks, Edit...,
proxy settings, [x] This network connects to the hellhole
called the internet. (OK) Make sure the other Edit...
under network management has the same [x] checked, or
whatever works best. I recall these not being checked
after the rom upload. Something doesn't work right if
they're not. What, I don't know.

--
40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
iPlay : the ultimate audio player for iPAQs

David Hettel MS MVP - Mobile Devices wrote:
> Have you tried removing the battery and pressing the reset button 5
> times? You need to do that on a 5555.

Do I just press the reset button with the battery out or should I do 5 soft
resets?
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 1:24:07 PM

ZB wrote:
> I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could
> connect flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to
> version 1.10
>
> Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop
> continues to connect without a problem. I have tried the usual
> resets, switch on and off, remove/add settings but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.

Update, I have turned WEP encryption off and it works fine - obviously not
ideal though is it!
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 2:46:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

That would suggest that you are not entering the WEP key correctly to me.
Are you entering the HEX version of the key? And not the plain text? Also
the complete key needs to be entered on one line.

--

"ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2olqp5Fc5spkU1@uni-berlin.de...
> ZB wrote:
>> I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could
>> connect flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to
>> version 1.10
>>
>> Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop
>> continues to connect without a problem. I have tried the usual
>> resets, switch on and off, remove/add settings but to no avail.
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Update, I have turned WEP encryption off and it works fine - obviously not
> ideal though is it!

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 3:03:22 PM

Your Wifi chanel ranges don't overlap do they ?
What happens if you select a different channel for the accesspoint ?

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:00:51 -0700, "Garry Gelowitz" <garrcon@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>I've got exactly the same problem. Funny thing is it worked fine for a day.
>Now Wi fi fo fum won't even detect a signal when I know for a fact that both
>I and my neighbor have our access points on.
>gg
>
>"ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ok2hhFavlgoU1@uni-berlin.de...
>> I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could
>connect
>> flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to version 1.10
>>
>> Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop continues to
>> connect without a problem. I have tried the usual resets, switch on and
>off,
>> remove/add settings but to no avail.
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks.

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 7:57:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

David Hettel MS MVP - Mobile Devices wrote:
> That would suggest that you are not entering the WEP key correctly to
> me. Are you entering the HEX version of the key? And not the plain
> text? Also the complete key needs to be entered on one line.

I am indeed. It worked before, but refuses to work now.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 2:50:18 AM

ZB wrote:
> I have an Ipaq 4150 with PPC2003 and a 802.11b linksys WAP. I could
> connect flawlessly to the Internet until I upgraded the IPAQ ROM to
> version 1.10
>
> Now I cannot connect to my WAP at all, even though my laptop
> continues to connect without a problem. I have tried the usual
> resets, switch on and off, remove/add settings but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks.

Tried all the suggestions made that I hadnt tried without success. Reported
the fault to HP, they'll investigate and get back to me sometime next week,
in the meantime I'm going to install an update for WLAN even though it isnt
supposed to do anything related to WEP and see if it makes a difference.
I'll post an update when I get one.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 2:04:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

Hi,

I also experienced the same issue.
What I did: also removed the hp iPaq h4x00 WLAN driver.
And not to forget I introduced my WEP-key in UPPERCASE.
I introduced the key in lowercase and that's the reason why it didn't work.

The last thing to find out now, is connecting to the Internet.
At least I can already connect to my PC again.

Kind regards,

JL

"Garry Gelowitz" <garrcon@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I just removed the hp Ipaq h4x00 WLAN driver update and that seems to have
> done the trick.
> gg
> "David Hettel MS MVP - Mobile Devices" <dhettel@fuse.net> wrote in message
> > Have you tried removing the battery and pressing the reset button 5
times?
> > You need to do that on a 5555.
> >
> > --
> > David Hettel
> > Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
> >
> > This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> > You assume all risks for your use.
> >
> > Handhelds, mobile: http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> > Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
> >
> > "ZB" <zb@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > That was one of the first things I did and it still doesnt work :-(

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 1:37:03 PM

Thanks, this appears to have fixed my problem. I am now back on line
with my home wlan and WEP is working fine.

Pat

wrote:
> *Check wifi settings, advanced, select networks, Edit...,
> proxy settings, [x] This network connects to the hellhole
> called the internet. (OK) Make sure the other Edit...
> under network management has the same [x] checked, or
> whatever works best. I recall these not being checked
> after the rom upload. Something doesn't work right if
> they're not. What, I don't know.
>
> --
> 40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
> iPlay : the ultimate audio player for iPAQs
> mp3, ogg, mp4, m4a, aac, wav, and then some *

--
pcaulfi