Can't change background

When I look at display properties/backround, the background selected says
"desktop" and I can't change it. Browse button is also greyed out. Have
scanned for viruses and spyware and looks clean. Its like I don't have
permission to change.

Any ideas ?

Use Device Manager to uninstall the Display Adapter and reboot while letting
Windows detect the adapter and reinstall the correct drivers.
You may wish to seek updated drivers from the vendor's website first so you
can point the wizard to them.

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------