  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 25, 2005 7:24:02 AM

I have a Toshiba laptop that I wish to connect using WPA-PSK.

I know my wireless access point supports it and I know the built in hardware
of my laptop also supports it, but when I try to add a preferred network, the
only available option in the network authentication is WEP.

I have tried to use the Intel PROSet software, but each time I turn the
wireless adaptor on I get the blue screen of death!!

Any idea?

More about : wpa psk listed windows

July 25, 2005 5:05:57 PM

There are probably 2 selection windows located where the WEP one is. Try
the other one.

Are you using WinXP SP2? As far as Intel, make sure an update the software.

Clark

"tony_72000" <tony72000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Toshiba laptop that I wish to connect using WPA-PSK.
>
> I know my wireless access point supports it and I know the built in
> hardware
> of my laptop also supports it, but when I try to add a preferred network,
> the
> only available option in the network authentication is WEP.
>
> I have tried to use the Intel PROSet software, but each time I turn the
> wireless adaptor on I get the blue screen of death!!
>
> Any idea?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 25, 2005 5:05:58 PM

I can only see one selection window, with a drop-down box and only WEB is
listed.

I have updated to the latest driver and software, still it crashes.

Your help is appreciated.

"Clark" wrote:

> There are probably 2 selection windows located where the WEP one is. Try
> the other one.
>
> Are you using WinXP SP2? As far as Intel, make sure an update the software.
>
> Clark
>
> "tony_72000" <tony72000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Toshiba laptop that I wish to connect using WPA-PSK.
> >
> > I know my wireless access point supports it and I know the built in
> > hardware
> > of my laptop also supports it, but when I try to add a preferred network,
> > the
> > only available option in the network authentication is WEP.
> >
> > I have tried to use the Intel PROSet software, but each time I turn the
> > wireless adaptor on I get the blue screen of death!!
> >
> > Any idea?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 25, 2005 5:05:59 PM

What adapter and driver version is this?

If you navigate to the following property sheet and select the combo-box for
Network Authentication, is WPA or WPA-PSK listed?

START > RUN > type "NCPA.CPL" without the quotes and press the "Enter" key
The network connection folder will open
Right-Click and select properties on your wireless adapter
Select the Wireless Networks tab at the top
Click "Add"
Select the combo-box for Network Authentication

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless