Built in microphone

I was able to use the built in microphone in the past and now I can't seem to
get it to work at all. It won't record my voice when I try to use the Photo
Story program in windows xp. It did work once. I do have speech recongnition
and the microphone is not muted in my sound controls. Please help. I have XP
home edition
--
Char

Not much we can do based on the information you've provided. The microphone
is built into what? Did it have drivers, have you tried removing and
reinstalling those drivers, have you checked for updates, have you checked
for updated drivers for your sound card, have you checked device manager to
see if there are any issues (System in Control Panel, Hardware tab, Device
Manager, look for any red or yellow warnings)?

If it's a relatively recent issue, you might try using System Restore to
take you back to a time prior to when this started, Start\All
Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User