realtek audio won't work with WMA

BillB

I seem to be able to play mp3's with the goofy realtek player but I had
gotten used to the wma player. But the WMA player plays for a few minutes
and then sputters and dies.

Any ideas? I tried moving the accelerator sliders all the way back to the
left and that did nothing. The driver I have is supposedly correct and the
latest. What else is there to look at?

billb wrote:

> That should have been Windows Media Player not WMA. This alphabet soup is
> getting me.

Windows doesn't use the same driver/filters for all the various ways of
making sound so it's not uncommon to find that one works when the other
doesn't.

Possibilities, in order of most common:

Wrong driver or fouled installation
DX(9) problem
WMP problem

BillB

> Wrong driver or fouled installation

windows searched the internet for a better driver and could not find one.

> DX(9) problem

That's my last ME update to put on. Will do as soon as i get back from
work.

> WMP problem

Like what tho?

billb wrote:
>>Wrong driver or fouled installation
>

> windows searched the internet for a better driver and could not find one.

Windows update isn't all knowledgeable and if you installed a driver not
quite right for the particular realtek hardware it won't necessarily find a
better one.

I'm suggesting you recheck that the one you installed really is for that
hardware,

>>DX(9) problem
>

> That's my last ME update to put on. Will do as soon as i get back from
> work.
>

>>WMP problem
>>

> Like what tho?

Like reinstall it.

BillB

It seems to be working now. thanks for your help.

"billb" <sevenoutpinball@yahoo.com> wrote in message

billb wrote:

> It seems to be working now. thanks for your help.

Great. What was causing the problem?

> "billb" <sevenoutpinball@yahoo.com> wrote in message

BillB

I'm gonna guess the directx update that had not yet been done, but not sure
really.

billb wrote:

> I'm gonna guess the directx update that had not yet been done, but not sure
> really.

Sounds (pun intended) good enough for me ;)