runtime error 226

anyone know what causes runtime error 226?
Thanks

"Tucson Golfer" wrote:

> anyone know what causes runtime error 226?
> Thanks

I've run run adaware, spybot s&d and several others with no help. With one
exception the error occurs while running IE6.
Thanks

Tucson Golfer wrote:
> anyone know what causes runtime error 226?
> Thanks

it's a Visual C++ error... whatever program is using the M$ C++ Runtime
Library is causing it.

Are you getting that error when you open your browser ?

Rick

Tucson Golfer wrote:

> "Tucson Golfer" wrote:
>

>>anyone know what causes runtime error 226?
>>Thanks
>

> I've run run adaware, spybot s&d and several others with no help. With one
> exception the error occurs while running IE6.

Then it's probably a "helper" or "toolbar" 3rd party app that's a bit
out of kilter.

Rick

> Thanks

TG:

Do you have "Spyware Doctor" installed?
If so, try uninstalling it and see whether the error message disappeared.
This program is supposed to have an issue with Win9x, especially Wn98 & ME.
This is a specific quote from another forum.

Harry.

"Tucson Golfer" <TucsonGolfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Tucson Golfer" wrote:
>
> > anyone know what causes runtime error 226?
> > Thanks
>
> I've run run adaware, spybot s&d and several others with no help. With one
> exception the error occurs while running IE6.
> Thanks

What are the circumstances when you see this error, for example which
application do you have running?

This error is being output by something you have running on your system,
most likely not part of Win Me, and quite possibly a Trojan. I would
start by thoroughly checking your system for unwanted malware using tools
such as AdAware, SpyBot S & D as well as your preferred antivirus
application.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com