Playing a dvd

gavin

Hi ya,

I recently upgraded a computer for no particular reason more than i wanted
to play a DVD on it.

The DVD is fine itself as i've played it on specific DVD Player. The
computer's DVD drive is fine coz it plays other DVDs ok.

The pc has a p3 550mhz cpu, 384mb ram and a 440bx chipset.

The software seems to handle the graphics parts of the DVD ok but struggles
with the film.

I have also noticed that the software dvd player crashes more lately. I
have tried using a range of different dvd playing software but that makes no
difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? I kind of get the impression i might be missing
a setting.

Cheers
Gavin

jad

'dma' is enabled on the dvd?

"Gavin" <gavin_masonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ya,
>
> I recently upgraded a computer for no particular reason more than i wanted
> to play a DVD on it.
>
> The DVD is fine itself as i've played it on specific DVD Player. The
> computer's DVD drive is fine coz it plays other DVDs ok.
>
> The pc has a p3 550mhz cpu, 384mb ram and a 440bx chipset.
>
> The software seems to handle the graphics parts of the DVD ok but
> struggles
> with the film.
>
> I have also noticed that the software dvd player crashes more lately. I
> have tried using a range of different dvd playing software but that makes
> no
> difference.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? I kind of get the impression i might be
> missing
> a setting.
>
> Cheers
> Gavin

That system is probably barely fast enough to decompress the video
stream and keep up with the frame rate.
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:56:36 -0000, "Gavin"