Start + Documents = Empty

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When pressing Start + Documents the recently used documents come up empty.
I'd like to be able to maintain some history again.

Recently I posted the same problem and was given a response. I can't find
either one.

Could someone point me in the right direction? BTW, I have no idea what a
"Group Policy" is. This is a single user machine if that is important. Thank
you. /Tom

Tom wrote:
> When pressing Start + Documents the recently used documents come up empty.
> I'd like to be able to maintain some history again.
>
> Recently I posted the same problem and was given a response. I can't find
> either one.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction? BTW, I have no idea what a
> "Group Policy" is. This is a single user machine if that is important. Thank
> you. /Tom

If you ever hit "Taskbar/Properties/Advanced/Clear" that's what you're
supposed to use to wipe that particular "MRU".

If you have anti-malware installed it may be wiping (or preventing from
being written?)

If you have recently changed your Windows logon name or started hitting
"Close" instead of Cancel, or whatever, then the user-specific MRU
you're looking at might not be the one you expect.

You're using Windows Millenium, right ? The ones for 2000/XP are a bit
more complex.

Rick