monitor power down

Spanky

After installing Norton 2005, my monitor power down stopped working. I can
set it at say..15 mins. and it works first time. But if I use computer after
awakening it , it won't ativate again. Any suggestions? I tried turning of
Norton, no help either.

If the problem started when you installed Norton 2005 then you need look
no further for the cause. Personally I would first attempt to uninstall
Norton (not easy to do due to the way it worms itself into the system) and
then use system restore to roll your system back to before you installed
Norton so that you know you have cleared yourself of this unpleasant
commercial malware.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Spanky <Spanky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> After installing Norton 2005, my monitor power down stopped working.
> I can set it at say..15 mins. and it works first time. But if I use
> computer after awakening it , it won't ativate again. Any
> suggestions? I tried turning of Norton, no help either.

Spanky

What anti-virus do you use?

"Mike M" wrote:

> If the problem started when you installed Norton 2005 then you need look
> no further for the cause. Personally I would first attempt to uninstall
> Norton (not easy to do due to the way it worms itself into the system) and
> then use system restore to roll your system back to before you installed
> Norton so that you know you have cleared yourself of this unpleasant
> commercial malware.
> --
> Mike Maltby
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Spanky <Spanky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > After installing Norton 2005, my monitor power down stopped working.
> > I can set it at say..15 mins. and it works first time. But if I use
> > computer after awakening it , it won't ativate again. Any
> > suggestions? I tried turning of Norton, no help either.

Alias

"Spanky" <Spanky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> After installing Norton 2005,

That was stupid.
--
Alias

Spanky

Why was it stupid?

"Alias" wrote:

> "Spanky" <Spanky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> > After installing Norton 2005,
>
> That was stupid.
> --
> Alias
>
> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.

Norton 2005 is nothing less than commercial malware and incompatible with
the trouble free operation of Win Me.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

spanky <spanky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Why was it stupid?

spanky <spanky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> What anti-virus do you use?

Which depends on the system and what it is used for but include eTrust
from Computer Associates (offered free for the first year), AVG (free) and
NOD32. Other reputable vendors include TrendMicro and Panda. If you've
got the cash to spare then Kaspersky is quite possibly the best.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com