Ad-aware [SE1R53] 07.07.2005

<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14654>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Thank you, Silj.

Harry.

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14654>
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Worked ok this time Silj, - no hesitation, DL'd and installed perfectly. So
I guess that it must have been the servers last time <g>

Mart

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14654>
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Shane

lol! I just had to manually download the zip from the website!

Shane

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Worked ok this time Silj, - no hesitation, DL'd and installed perfectly.
> So I guess that it must have been the servers last time <g>
>
> Mart
>

> "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14654>
>>
>> Silj
>>
>> --
>> siljaline
>>
>> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>> Security Tools Updates
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>>
>> (Reply to group, as return address
>> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Silj

Tried several times: no dice. Tried with NAV dissabled and ok. tks
--
cogito ergo sum

"Mart" wrote:
> Worked ok this time Silj, - no hesitation, DL'd and installed perfectly. So I
> guess that it must have been the servers last time <g>

Server issue for me today, Mart - since there's no support who knows.
I can confirm that. Hiccup when attempting to fetch the update on both
boxes.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Well, if it's any consolation Paul, it's not your kit or NAV causing the
problem (but disabling NAV may not be a bad idea anyway <g>. Either try
again later, or try again later, or try again later ... or download the
zip - that worked for me last time.

Mart

"PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Silj
>
> Tried several times: no dice. Tried with NAV dissabled and ok. tks
> --
> cogito ergo sum
>

> "Shane" wrote:
>
>> lol! I just had to manually download the zip from the website!
>>
>> Shane
>>

>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> > Worked ok this time Silj, - no hesitation, DL'd and installed
>> > perfectly.
>> > So I guess that it must have been the servers last time <g>
>> >
>> > Mart
>> >

>> > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Worked absolutely fine for me......both of the last two. Must be the
country, grin!!

Heather

> Well, if it's any consolation Paul, it's not your kit or NAV causing the
> problem (but disabling NAV may not be a bad idea anyway <g>. Either try
> again later, or try again later, or try again later ... or download the
> zip - that worked for me last time.
>
> Mart
>

> "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Silj
> >
> > Tried several times: no dice. Tried with NAV dissabled and ok. tks
> > --
> > cogito ergo sum
> >

> > "Shane" wrote:
> >
> >> lol! I just had to manually download the zip from the website!
> >>
> >> Shane
> >>

> >> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

That theory goes straight out of the Window (ouch!!) Heather, Shane and I
are both in the UK.

Not sure where Paul is as he's hidden, via CDO.

Mart

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Worked absolutely fine for me......both of the last two. Must be the
> country, grin!!
>
> Heather
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> Well, if it's any consolation Paul, it's not your kit or NAV causing the
>> problem (but disabling NAV may not be a bad idea anyway <g>. Either try
>> again later, or try again later, or try again later ... or download the
>> zip - that worked for me last time.
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Silj
>> >
>> > Tried several times: no dice. Tried with NAV dissabled and ok. tks
>> > --
>> > cogito ergo sum

Then Heater must be on this side of the pond, like silj and me and
others...guess there are others??? Reminds me my first trip in London, got
into the first pub in SW2, I didnt opened my mouth, just gestured toward a
label and found myself in front of a dark glass of what looked like molasse;
and after a while, offered my seat to a lady, she flatly refused saying it
was "my" seat"!! then they knew where I was from, no need to talk...I couldnt
refuse their offer of "another", sooo I got back to my hotel on all four.
Cant remember after that and missed the christening of a cable ship, so
Canada was without a rep....that was 35 yers ago.
Paul
--
cogito ergo sum

PAT (Paul) wrote:
> Then Heater must be on this side of the pond, like silj and me and
> others...guess there are others???

<cough>

Though I rather like my side of the pond... people don't talk with funny
accents all the time... no, wait.

Rick

> Reminds me my first trip in London, got
> into the first pub in SW2, I didnt opened my mouth, just gestured toward a
> label and found myself in front of a dark glass of what looked like molasse;
> and after a while, offered my seat to a lady, she flatly refused saying it
> was "my" seat"!! then they knew where I was from, no need to talk...I couldnt
> refuse their offer of "another", sooo I got back to my hotel on all four.
> Cant remember after that and missed the christening of a cable ship, so
> Canada was without a rep....that was 35 yers ago.
> Paul

Ah! Canada - then you've really blown Heather's theory right out of the
water <g>

Nice story Paul, makes better reading than today's dreadful news.

> Then Heater must be on this side of the pond, like silj and me and
> others...guess there are others??? Reminds me my first trip in London,
> got
> into the first pub in SW2, I didnt opened my mouth, just gestured toward a
> label and found myself in front of a dark glass of what looked like
> molasse;
> and after a while, offered my seat to a lady, she flatly refused saying it
> was "my" seat"!! then they knew where I was from, no need to talk...I
> couldnt
> refuse their offer of "another", sooo I got back to my hotel on all four.
> Cant remember after that and missed the christening of a cable ship, so
> Canada was without a rep....that was 35 yers ago.
> Paul
> --
> cogito ergo sum
>

> "Mart" wrote:
>
>> That theory goes straight out of the Window (ouch!!) Heather, Shane and I
>> are both in the UK.
>>
>> Not sure where Paul is as he's hidden, via CDO.
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Worked absolutely fine for me......both of the last two. Must be the
>> > country, grin!!
>> >
>> > Heather
>> >
>> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Not only Canada, but I rather suspect it could be Quebec at one time.
Right, Paul?? The spelling of my name (Heater) was a clue. French people
don't pronounce "th", and Italians say "Header"....

Just a silly little bit of trivia to brighten up your day, Mart. (G) The
London bombing has been a real shocker over here. Of course, CNN is going
full tilt with very little actual information, as usual.

Glad to hear Mike et famille are OK.

Cheers....Heather

> Ah! Canada - then you've really blown Heather's theory right out of the
> water <g>
>
> Nice story Paul, makes better reading than today's dreadful news.
>
> Mart
>

> "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Then Heater must be on this side of the pond, like silj and me and
> > others...guess there are others??? Reminds me my first trip in London,
> > got
> > into the first pub in SW2, I didnt opened my mouth, just gestured toward
> > label and found myself in front of a dark glass of what looked like
> > molasse;
> > and after a while, offered my seat to a lady, she flatly refused saying
it
> > was "my" seat"!! then they knew where I was from, no need to talk...I
> > couldnt
> > refuse their offer of "another", sooo I got back to my hotel on all
four.
> > Cant remember after that and missed the christening of a cable ship, so
> > Canada was without a rep....that was 35 yers ago.
> > Paul
> > --
> > cogito ergo sum
> >

> > "Mart" wrote:
> >
> >> That theory goes straight out of the Window (ouch!!) Heather, Shane and
> >> are both in the UK.
> >>
> >> Not sure where Paul is as he's hidden, via CDO.
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>

> >> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

Thanks for the feedback Silj. I will endeavour to maintain my patience at
the next update. If, at first ...

Mart

> "Mart" wrote:
>> Worked ok this time Silj, - no hesitation, DL'd and installed perfectly.
>> So I guess that it must have been the servers last time <g>
>
> Server issue for me today, Mart - since there's no support who knows.
> I can confirm that. Hiccup when attempting to fetch the update on both
> boxes.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

<lol> I thought it was a typo when I first saw it <g>
Joan

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> <lol> I thought it was a typo when I first saw it <g>
> Joan

Either that, or they were using Voice Rec. You should see what the dang
thing does with my Southern drawl! <g>

Jan :)

> Heather wrote:
>> Not only Canada, but I rather suspect it could be Quebec at one time.
>> Right, Paul?? The spelling of my name (Heater) was a clue. French
>> people don't pronounce "th", and Italians say "Header"....
>>
>> Just a silly little bit of trivia to brighten up your day, Mart. (G)
>> The London bombing has been a real shocker over here. Of course, CNN
>> is going full tilt with very little actual information, as usual.
>>
>> Glad to hear Mike et famille are OK.
>>
>> Cheers....Heather

Sorry about the misspelling Heather, got to get rid of this habit of not
re-reading my posts, but seems like my finger is faster than my brain, or
whats left of it. <g>
Paul
--
cogito ergo sum

"Heather" wrote:

> Not only Canada, but I rather suspect it could be Quebec at one time.
> Right, Paul?? The spelling of my name (Heater) was a clue. French people
> don't pronounce "th", and Italians say "Header"....
>
> Just a silly little bit of trivia to brighten up your day, Mart. (G) The
> London bombing has been a real shocker over here. Of course, CNN is going
> full tilt with very little actual information, as usual.
>
> Glad to hear Mike et famille are OK.
>
> Cheers....Heather

<lol> Hi Jan, we don't see you in here that often although I've seen you
floating around in XP <g>
Joan

Jan Il wrote:
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> <lol> I thought it was a typo when I first saw it <g>
>> Joan
>
> Either that, or they were using Voice Rec. You should see what the
> dang thing does with my Southern drawl! <g>
>
> Jan :)

<lol> She'll forgive you Paul, with me it's usually the other way round
and my brain is sometimes faster than my fingers, but not a lot <vbg>
Joan

PAT (Paul) wrote:
> Sorry about the misspelling Heather, got to get rid of this habit of
> not re-reading my posts, but seems like my finger is faster than my
> brain, or whats left of it. <g>
> Paul

Hi Joanie! :)

> <lol> Hi Jan, we don't see you in here that often although I've seen you
> floating around in XP <g>
> Joan

Alas....I'm getting to be almost as bad a floater as the little gold spots
before my eyes, these days. Spend most of my time in IE/OE still, but,
haven't really had much time to be anywhere too much lately. Been upgrading
my machine....as opposed to buying a new one....but, it's very upgradable,
so can't see spending the money for a new one when new parts are much
cheaper, and I can build what I need. Looking now for a laptop for the
Summit this fall as well.

I've see you on the AumHa and other forums too...they're great fun too!
:eek:))

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE

"Jan Il" wrote:
> Hi Joanie! :)
>I've see you on the AumHa and other forums too...they're great fun too!

Aren't we ;)

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

<lol> At least you're still around, and it's nice to see you pop your head
in here every now and then.
WinME posts are getting a bit few and far between now, they can't get rid
of me even though I don't use it now although I don't get much chance to
help these days but I can't desert the family <g>
Good luck with the upgrade.
Joan

> "Jan Il" wrote:
>> Hi Joanie! :)
>>I've see you on the AumHa and other forums too...they're great fun too!
>
> Aren't we ;)

Yes....indeed! The AumHa forurm is another hangout of most the great folks
here as well!

Ahh....the craziness just never ends.......

Thankfully!! ;o))

Jan :)

> <lol> At least you're still around, and it's nice to see you pop your head
> in here every now and then.
> WinME posts are getting a bit few and far between now, they can't get rid
> of me even though I don't use it now although I don't get much chance to
> help these days but I can't desert the family <g>
> Good luck with the upgrade.
> Joan

Well...what can I say...the 'bad penny'....the 'loose goose'....'liver and
onions'.....and all. ;o)

I still have my WinME on the machine, although, I don't use it as much as I
used to. My older proggies seem to prefer it though. My WordPerfect v7
does not seem to care for the W2K or the XP. I do love my ME, we are
comfortable with each other, and when I get exasperated with the new
programs, and just want to work in peace, I go back to my ME. I still keep
my old friend up to date and in good working order. I have this vision that
one day, the W2k and XP are going to cop a real attitude, and the only thing
I will have left to bail me out is the old girl....and I know she can do the
job. ;-)

I lurk often, and glean many good things here. Not just about ME, but,
there is such a wonderful amount of information that is passed along and
shared here that is called 'OT' or 'thread drift', and I always learn
something new and interesting. Plus...I always feel welcome to just drop
in. <snapping finger quickly>....what is it thay call a place like
that...ahmm....ahmm.....ahh... yes!..... home... <s>

Jan :)

> Jan Il wrote:
>>
>> Alas....I'm getting to be almost as bad a floater as the little gold
>> spots before my eyes, these days. Spend most of my time in IE/OE
>> still, but, haven't really had much time to be anywhere too much
>> lately. Been upgrading my machine....as opposed to buying a new
>> one....but, it's very upgradable, so can't see spending the money for
>> a new one when new parts are much cheaper, and I can build what I
>> need. Looking now for a laptop for the Summit this fall as well.
>>
>> I've see you on the AumHa and other forums too...they're great fun
>> too! :eek:))
>>
>> Jan :)
>> MS MVP - IE/OE

<lol> The WinME is still going strong in this house as well, I gave it to
my daughter and it's in the next room, part of my network. She is very
happy with it and I keep up the maintenance and updates it needs <g>
Joan