norton disk doctor

cp

I am not able to run norton disk doctor.Pop up tells me
files are being used by some program,asks if I want to
preform tests and repairs next time I restart comp.When I
restart same thing happens.Can anyone help?
CP

It's a Symantec issue, check their website or their tech support,
www.symantec.com.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"CP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not able to run norton disk doctor.Pop up tells me
> files are being used by some program,asks if I want to
> preform tests and repairs next time I restart comp.When I
> restart same thing happens.Can anyone help?
> CP

Use Chkdisk instead

1. Open My Computer, right-click a drive, and then click Properties.
2. On the Tools tab, under Error-checking, click Check Now
then you get a dialog box, check "Automatically fix file system errors"
3. Click Start

You'll then have a message saying that it needs exclusive access and will run
next time you reboot.

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp