Ebooks Now Outselling Physical Books on Amazon UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Duh.
Kindle and other book machines are definitely the way to go.
I got my wife a Kindle Fire and she has read more in the past 6/7 months than she has in her entire life.

Plus it's alot easier on the eyes, nicer to your neighbor when reading in bed(extra light), and you can get a ton of books on demand.

It's a bookworms' dream, or college kid, or someone like me the digests information like there's no tommorrow.

monktongaz

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
If they stopped clinging on to the past and released new releases on ebook at the same time as the physical book, I wouldn't ever need paper books again.

I view my Kindle as one of the best innovations in recent memory and one of my best purchases.

monktongaz

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]You can also get Kindle books on iOS and Android. No Kindle hardware required.[/citation]

Also WP7 and PCs. Pretty much anywhere. That's the beauty of the system.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]outlw6669[/nom]And then...So, not outselling all physical books, only the more expensive hard cover editions.Not sure exactly how many more paperbacks are being sold, but I would expect it to be a significant amount.[/citation]

The subtitle said hard-copy, not hard-cover

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I remember when the last Harry Potter book came out I had just got my ereader and thought it would be the perfect first book to read on it.. After 2 days of searching for somewhere to buy the ebook I found out that JK Rowling decided that there was too much piracy in ebooks and refused to release it that format.. So guess how I ended up reading the book on my ereader? Good thing shes finally come around on that as its definitely the future..

Status
Not open for further replies.