Tune-up Application Start

Someone

An item in my Scheduled Tasks is listed as Tune-up Application Start and is
scheduled for 5PM on the first Friday of each month. (I note that it did
not run in July, apparently because the puter was not on.) What is this and
do I really need it? Thanks.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Start > Help and Support should work.

"Someone" <someone@comcast.net> wrote in message
> An item in my Scheduled Tasks is listed as Tune-up Application Start and
> is
> scheduled for 5PM on the first Friday of each month. (I note that it did
> not run in July, apparently because the puter was not on.) What is this
> and
> do I really need it? Thanks.

But you don't really need it.

> Start > Help and Support should work.
>
> "Someone" <someone@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > An item in my Scheduled Tasks is listed as Tune-up Application Start and
> > is
> > scheduled for 5PM on the first Friday of each month. (I note that it
did
> > not run in July, apparently because the puter was not on.) What is this
> > and
> > do I really need it? Thanks.

The disk maintenance chores (ScanDisk and Disk Defragmenter) should be
run at regular intervals. You may prefer to use the ScanDefrag program,
just download, install, and follow the readme.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bblanton2/scandefrag/main.htm
or http://www.blueorbsoft.com/scandefrag/index.html

Walterius <nohow@noway.not> wrote:

> But you don't really need it.

And also because once it has run and done its job it has nothing more to
do. Also in Win Me most if not all of the files concerned have already
been "optimised".
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com