changing name in My Docs

dick

I'm giving a laptop to a student and have removed all of my files, etc.
Under Documents and Settings a folder with my name on it won't let me rename
it to the new owner's name as it is a 'system folder'. How can I make this
change?

TIA, Dick

Shane

Delete your profile and make a new one for the new owner. And ask yourself
why you've posted an XP question to a Win ME group.

Shane

"Dick" <roving@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I'm giving a laptop to a student and have removed all of my files, etc.
> Under Documents and Settings a folder with my name on it won't let me
> rename it to the new owner's name as it is a 'system folder'. How can I
> make this change?
>
> TIA, Dick

dick

Thanks for the reply Shane.

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Delete your profile and make a new one for the new owner. And ask yourself
> why you've posted an XP question to a Win ME group.
>

> Shane
>
> "Dick" <roving@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> I'm giving a laptop to a student and have removed all of my files, etc.
>> Under Documents and Settings a folder with my name on it won't let me
>> rename it to the new owner's name as it is a 'system folder'. How can I
>> make this change?
>>
>> TIA, Dick

i just did a fresh install of quicktime 6.5.1.when trying to play a QT audio
or video file,i only get stuttering and distorted sounds.all previous
attempts led
to similar results.
Any suggestions,someone?
Roger