changing name in My Docs

I'm giving a laptop to a student and have removed all of my files, etc.
Under Documents and Settings a folder with my name on it won't let me rename
it to the new owner's name as it is a 'system folder'. How can I make this
change?

TIA, Dick
3 answers Last reply
More about changing docs

    Delete your profile and make a new one for the new owner. And ask yourself
    why you've posted an XP question to a Win ME group.

    Shane

    "Dick" <roving@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > I'm giving a laptop to a student and have removed all of my files, etc.
    > Under Documents and Settings a folder with my name on it won't let me
    > rename it to the new owner's name as it is a 'system folder'. How can I
    > make this change?
    >
    > TIA, Dick

    Thanks for the reply Shane.

    "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Delete your profile and make a new one for the new owner. And ask yourself
    > why you've posted an XP question to a Win ME group.
    >

    > Shane
    >
    > "Dick" <roving@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm giving a laptop to a student and have removed all of my files, etc.
    >> Under Documents and Settings a folder with my name on it won't let me
    >> rename it to the new owner's name as it is a 'system folder'. How can I
    >> make this change?
    >>
    >> TIA, Dick

    i just did a fresh install of quicktime 6.5.1.when trying to play a QT audio
    or video file,i only get stuttering and distorted sounds.all previous
    attempts led
    to similar results.
    Any suggestions,someone?
    Roger