My pc displays the message (cant find Shell.DLL) but it
goes off when i click ok can any one tell me what it is
and how do i fix it

When does it display this message, are you opening an application, if yes,
are the applications Windows XP compatible or perhaps 16-bit applications.
Many older Windows apps are 16-bit and can result in such an error.

If not, make sure your antivirus is up to date and run a scan also,
download, install and run Ad Aware, www.lavasoftusa.com.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Liz Earley" <Ebattybat@aol.com> wrote in message
> My pc displays the message (cant find Shell.DLL) but it
> goes off when i click ok can any one tell me what it is
> and how do i fix it

Does the message display on start up? If so, try to avoid it by booting into
safe mode. Or you can boot your computer from the Windows XP CD and try to
recover/copy the file to its original location.