Explorer has caused an error in Kernel32.dll

Got a Win-ME PC that once the password is entered it gives the above error and
sometimes it freezes other times it'll let me in. But anything and everything I
attempt to do gives the same error.
What i've done so far:
change the video driver to SuperVGA
updated the Video driver
ran msconfig and removed all booting/loaded drivers
removed 2 viruses
reinstalled the software (ME) over the top
renamed APPLOG
deleted all pwl files

Still getting same error, any ideas what i should do next or is this a complete
rebuild?

Thanks

....but have you removed the spyware???
You may already have a virus/spyware hijack

download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
viruses are not present on your PC
http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp

- update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
CoolWebSearch hijacker.

Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
(download it without the accompanying rubbish)

download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
your system.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi