ole32.dll error

Hello,

even when starting (WinME on a Toshiba laptop) in save mode I get the

"Explorer has caused an error in OLE32.DLL"

message.

I cannot access any icon, keyboard key or the startbutton.
When I restart the computer in save mode then system restore
appears including the error message.
When executing ’system restore’ a window dialogbox appears saying:
"This program is not responding....." with no text in the blue
top bar. If I click "End Task" or "Cancel’ or ’Close" the system
will
hang. Selecting "Wait" will result in reappearing the same window
dialogbox in 20 seconds.

No way to get into windows.

I restarted with a DOS floppy and replaced the OLE32.DLL
(with exact the same file properties) but this has no effect.

The problem seems to lay elsewhere.
It probably occured after using a brandnew (non WinME compatible, as
WinME is not mentioned on the package, other operating systems are
mentioned) OS2 mouse.

Does anybody have any idea?

regards

Henk

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-ole32.dll-error-ftopict555525.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765475

As you cannot boot successfully into Safe Mode, try this method :-

Boot with your Windows Startup (floppy) Disk already inserted in the A:
drive, and choose option 4) Minimal Boot.

At the A:\> prompt, type "scanreg /restore" (no quotes and note the space
between the g and /) then press Enter.

Follow the screen prompts and when asked, select the LAST 'good' date BEFORE
THE PROBLEM, continuing with the instructions.

Don't forget to remove the floppy disk BEFORE you tell the machine to
reboot.

Hopefully, that should 'clear-out' any dubious "non WinME compatible"
registry settings caused by introducing your "brand new package" and get
things working again - then search for and delete any 'new' folder
introduced by the "package".

Mart

"" wrote:
> As you cannot boot successfully into Safe Mode, try this
> method :-
>
> Boot with your Windows Startup (floppy) Disk already inserted
> in the A:
> drive, and choose option 4) Minimal Boot.
>
> At the A:> prompt, type "scanreg /restore" (no quotes and
> note the space
> between the g and /) then press Enter.
>
> Follow the screen prompts and when asked, select the LAST
> 'good' date BEFORE
> THE PROBLEM, continuing with the instructions.
>
> Don't forget to remove the floppy disk BEFORE you tell the
> machine to
> reboot.
>
> Hopefully, that should 'clear-out' any dubious "non WinME
> compatible"
> registry settings caused by introducing your "brand new
> package" and get
> things working again - then search for and delete any 'new'
> folder
> introduced by the "package".
>
> Mart
>

> "wfhvw" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > even when starting (WinME on a Toshiba laptop) in save mode
> I get the
> >
> > "Explorer has caused an error in OLE32.DLL"
> >
> > message.
> >
> > I cannot access any icon, keyboard key or the startbutton.
> > When I restart the computer in save mode then system restore
> > appears including the error message.
> > When executing ’system restore’ a window dialogbox appears
> saying:
> > "This program is not responding....." with no text in the
> blue
> > top bar. If I click "End Task" or "Cancel’ or ’Close" the
> system
> > will
> > hang. Selecting "Wait" will result in reappearing the same
> window
> > dialogbox in 20 seconds.
> >
> > No way to get into windows.
> >
> > I restarted with a DOS floppy and replaced the OLE32.DLL
> > (with exact the same file properties) but this has no
> effect.
> >
> > The problem seems to lay elsewhere.
> > It probably occured after using a brandnew (non WinME
> compatible, as
> > WinME is not mentioned on the package, other operating
> systems are
> > mentioned) OS2 mouse.
> >
> > Does anybody have any idea?
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Henk
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-ole32.dll-error-ftopict555525.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1765475

Hello Mart,

Thanks!!!

it works great!

Henk

Henk wrote :-

> Hello Mart,
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> it works great!
>
> Henk

Good to hear that you've got it working again - thanks for the feedback,
it's appreciated <g>

Mart