Joystick evaluation

Just received a Saltek X45 joystick with rudder/throttle assy.
Slowly assigning buttons for various functions and have taken a couple of
test "flights". It¢s been difficult to assign buttons so that the units are
intuitive. Any one have any experience with this unit?
Pro or con feedback?
--
Greasy©

Greasy Rider© wrote:

> Just received a Saltek X45 joystick with rudder/throttle assy.
> Slowly assigning buttons for various functions and have taken a couple of
> test "flights". It¢s been difficult to assign buttons so that the units are
> intuitive. Any one have any experience with this unit?
> Pro or con feedback?
> --
> Greasy©

Yes, I use it for all my flying...FS9, online Aces High.

I also have a Saitek X35 which I wore out and now have attached
to my backup computer.

I have pretty much every thing I need for FS9 programmed to the
stick and throttle so that I don't have to use the keyboard for
much.

The programming can be a bit tedious unless you have a good plan
and grasp of what functions you want/need during your typical
flights. Since I fly both jets and props I have things like
cowl flaps and mixtures programmed on "secondary" buttons...
Mode 2 or Mode 3 and shifted. My primary functions, gear, flaps,
window toggles, ATC replies, trim are all programmed to Mode 1
buttons/switches.

I think I actually have some unused buttons/switches that I
haven't taken the time to find a use for :)

Paul

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:21:40 GMT, Gypsy Baron <no-one@not.at.aol.com>
postulated :

> I think I actually have some unused buttons/switches that I
> haven't taken the time to find a use for :)

Thanks for the feed back.
There is certainly no shortage of buttons for all occasions.

TRENDING THREADS