resume from standby problem after moving to a new hard drive

Hi all,

I upgraded my seagate 40GB IDE drive to a Western Digital 8mb cache 80GB
IDE hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP home. I've just finished
getting everything redownloaded and reinstalled (windows and office
updates, drivers, programs, etc). Unfortunately, when I log off at night
and go to bed I can't get the system to wake up in the morning without
pressing the reset button.

When I wiggle the mouse, the screen comes back and I get the blue
background of the logon screen and a mouse pointer that moves, but
that's it. CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing. Double hitting CTRL allows me to
switch between my desktop PCs via the KVM switch.

Power management is set to always on with hibernate unselected. The
mouse and keyboard do not have power on tabs in Device Manager (Logitech
Cordless Freedome Optical kit) but the computer sees them as PS/2
because the go through the PS/2 KVM.

I looked in event viewer and there were no events from within 3 hours
before logging off until I hit the reset button this afternoon.

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

PS- as long as I remain logged in, I can leave it overnight and it'll
wake up from standby just fine.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

TRENDING THREADS