BIOS ASF Support

I just finished building my PC using an Intel motherboard, and I am
trying to tweak my BIOS settings for optimal performance. There is an
option in the BIOS for something called "ASF" support. Does anyone know
what it is used for? I can't find any detailed information on "ASF"...

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about bios support

    i believe that it refers to remote mangement without an OS present.

    Sm704 wrote:

    > I just finished building my PC using an Intel motherboard, and I am
    > trying to tweak my BIOS settings for optimal performance. There is an
    > option in the BIOS for something called "ASF" support. Does anyone know
    > what it is used for? I can't find any detailed information on "ASF"...
    >
    > Thanks

    Gives a remote administrator data monitoring and remote control of the PC
    regardless of O.S. or even if there is no O.S. at all. Kind of a 'BIOS'
    level remote control.

    ftp://download.intel.com/design/network/papers/ASF_whitepaper.pdf

    Remote-control capabilities allow an IT
    manager to remotely power up, power
    down, power cycle, reset or reboot. If
    necessary, the managed system can be