BIOS ASF Support

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
March 13, 2005 11:26:34 AM

I just finished building my PC using an Intel motherboard, and I am
trying to tweak my BIOS settings for optimal performance. There is an
option in the BIOS for something called "ASF" support. Does anyone know
what it is used for? I can't find any detailed information on "ASF"...

Thanks

More about : bios asf support

March 13, 2005 11:41:53 AM

i believe that it refers to remote mangement without an OS present.

"Sm704" <sm7040@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just finished building my PC using an Intel motherboard, and I am
> trying to tweak my BIOS settings for optimal performance. There is an
> option in the BIOS for something called "ASF" support. Does anyone know
> what it is used for? I can't find any detailed information on "ASF"...
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 13, 2005 7:10:18 PM

Sm704 wrote:

> I just finished building my PC using an Intel motherboard, and I am
> trying to tweak my BIOS settings for optimal performance. There is an
> option in the BIOS for something called "ASF" support. Does anyone know
> what it is used for? I can't find any detailed information on "ASF"...
>
> Thanks

Gives a remote administrator data monitoring and remote control of the PC
regardless of O.S. or even if there is no O.S. at all. Kind of a 'BIOS'
level remote control.

ftp://download.intel.com/design/network/papers/ASF_whit...

Remote-control capabilities allow an IT
manager to remotely power up, power
down, power cycle, reset or reboot. If
necessary, the managed system can be