Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Boot problem

Tags:
  • Boot
  • Microsoft
  • Desktop Icons
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
July 16, 2005 2:38:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

I've been having boot up problems lately.

What's happening is as follows:

-From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I alt+D
the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
responding.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

You folks are, by far, the best.

KB

More about : boot problem

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 3:22:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

http://aumha.org/win4/kbstrtup.php
Give the above site a shot............bet you will find you answer.
Heirloom, old and been there


"KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
news:o fcFKcbiFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I've been having boot up problems lately.
>
> What's happening is as follows:
>
> -From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
> screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I alt+D
> the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
> responding.
>
> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> You folks are, by far, the best.
>
> KB
>
>
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 9:02:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

"KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote..

> I've been having boot up problems lately.
> What's happening is as follows:
>
> -From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
> screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I alt+D
> the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
> responding.

I am not as knowledgeable in WinME problems as many of the long-timers here,
but maybe my experience can help. I ran into "msgsrv32 not responding" a
couple of times after a rencent USB 2.0 pci card installation. Then it
cleared up! I swear.. I did absolutely nothing else hardware-wise or
software-wise. But I would "fix" the immediate problem by simply killing
the process. WinMe seemed to recover from that on its own. Two months
later no problems, until..

I recently got the same thing happening a couple of times again after I
installed a new NIC (different manufacturer and drivers than the previous).
And there too, the problem was temporary. and never happend again. There
too.. I just killed the process. No problems or about a month, until..

Lately I installed the IE5.5SP2 Cumulative update: 883939 ..and the
msgsrv32 problem kicked in. Again, I just killed the process. ME recovered.
Now a about 2 days later, ME is still running quite smoothly.

HTH (hope this helps)
YMMV (your mileage may vary)!
July 16, 2005 10:37:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Thanks for the detailed message. My problem has gone away for the most
part. The system sometimes has trouble booting though. I suspect my
install of Zone Alarm may have gotten corrupted.

Take care, ogg.

KB
"Ogg" <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote in message
news:nIeCe.25433$qg1.1450558@news20.bellglobal.com...
> "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote..
>
> > I've been having boot up problems lately.
> > What's happening is as follows:
> >
> > -From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
> > screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I
alt+D
> > the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
> > responding.
>
> I am not as knowledgeable in WinME problems as many of the long-timers
here,
> but maybe my experience can help. I ran into "msgsrv32 not responding" a
> couple of times after a rencent USB 2.0 pci card installation. Then it
> cleared up! I swear.. I did absolutely nothing else hardware-wise or
> software-wise. But I would "fix" the immediate problem by simply killing
> the process. WinMe seemed to recover from that on its own. Two months
> later no problems, until..
>
> I recently got the same thing happening a couple of times again after I
> installed a new NIC (different manufacturer and drivers than the
previous).
> And there too, the problem was temporary. and never happend again. There
> too.. I just killed the process. No problems or about a month, until..
>
> Lately I installed the IE5.5SP2 Cumulative update: 883939 ..and the
> msgsrv32 problem kicked in. Again, I just killed the process. ME
recovered.
> Now a about 2 days later, ME is still running quite smoothly.
>
> HTH (hope this helps)
> YMMV (your mileage may vary)!
>
>
July 16, 2005 10:45:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Thanks, Heirloom.

I seem to be chasing a problem not specific to the errors I mentioned. I've
had the lock up occur on another occassion and the 'not responding'
processes were explorer and systray.

Thanks again!

KB
"Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
news:o q9R53biFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> http://aumha.org/win4/kbstrtup.php
> Give the above site a shot............bet you will find you answer.
> Heirloom, old and been there
>
>
> "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
> news:o fcFKcbiFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > I've been having boot up problems lately.
> >
> > What's happening is as follows:
> >
> > -From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
> > screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I
alt+D
> > the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
> > responding.
> >
> > Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > You folks are, by far, the best.
> >
> > KB
> >
> >
>
>
July 17, 2005 2:39:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Zone Alarm appears to have been broken after running housecall at
trendmicro. It's a new version of the scanner which has had mixed reviews.
Recommend avoiding this online scan.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and life appears (at least for now) to be
normal.

Take care, Heirloom. And thanks for the advice.

KB
"Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
news:o q9R53biFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> http://aumha.org/win4/kbstrtup.php
> Give the above site a shot............bet you will find you answer.
> Heirloom, old and been there
>
>
> "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
> news:o fcFKcbiFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > I've been having boot up problems lately.
> >
> > What's happening is as follows:
> >
> > -From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
> > screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I
alt+D
> > the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
> > responding.
> >
> > Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > You folks are, by far, the best.
> >
> > KB
> >
> >
>
>
July 17, 2005 2:41:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Zone Alarm appears to have been broken after running an online scan at
housecall by trendmicro.

Recommend avoiding this scanner, which has had mixed reviews, for WinME
users.

Thanks again for the advice.

KB
"Ogg" <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote in message
news:nIeCe.25433$qg1.1450558@news20.bellglobal.com...
> "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote..
>
> > I've been having boot up problems lately.
> > What's happening is as follows:
> >
> > -From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
> > screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I
alt+D
> > the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
> > responding.
>
> I am not as knowledgeable in WinME problems as many of the long-timers
here,
> but maybe my experience can help. I ran into "msgsrv32 not responding" a
> couple of times after a rencent USB 2.0 pci card installation. Then it
> cleared up! I swear.. I did absolutely nothing else hardware-wise or
> software-wise. But I would "fix" the immediate problem by simply killing
> the process. WinMe seemed to recover from that on its own. Two months
> later no problems, until..
>
> I recently got the same thing happening a couple of times again after I
> installed a new NIC (different manufacturer and drivers than the
previous).
> And there too, the problem was temporary. and never happend again. There
> too.. I just killed the process. No problems or about a month, until..
>
> Lately I installed the IE5.5SP2 Cumulative update: 883939 ..and the
> msgsrv32 problem kicked in. Again, I just killed the process. ME
recovered.
> Now a about 2 days later, ME is still running quite smoothly.
>
> HTH (hope this helps)
> YMMV (your mileage may vary)!
>
>
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 4:10:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

Personally, I don't utilize any of the 'online' scanning offers. Call me
skeptical, but, I don't trust opening my machine to some website, regardless
of their reputation. Sure glad you got the bugs out, you did good!!!
Heirloom, old and of some use
yet

"KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
news:esDviBoiFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Zone Alarm appears to have been broken after running housecall at
> trendmicro. It's a new version of the scanner which has had mixed
> reviews.
> Recommend avoiding this online scan.
>
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled and life appears (at least for now) to be
> normal.
>
> Take care, Heirloom. And thanks for the advice.
>
> KB
> "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> wrote in message
> news:o q9R53biFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> http://aumha.org/win4/kbstrtup.php
>> Give the above site a shot............bet you will find you answer.
>> Heirloom, old and been there
>>
>>
>> "KB" <KB@discussions.winme> wrote in message
>> news:o fcFKcbiFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > I've been having boot up problems lately.
>> >
>> > What's happening is as follows:
>> >
>> > -From a cold boot (restart works fine) the process locks at the splash
>> > screen or after the desktop icons (not the background) load. When I
> alt+D
>> > the message I get is that msqsrv32 is not responding and systray not
>> > responding.
>> >
>> > Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > You folks are, by far, the best.
>> >
>> > KB
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
!