dallas

Well... they've been hiring all kinds of part time help on the project...
are they behind or are they building something really good?

Dallas

David

Who are you asking Dallas? Is MS here?

Dave

Dallas wrote:

> Well... they've been hiring all kinds of part time help on the project...
> are they behind or are they building something really good?
>

> Dallas

dallas

"David"
> Who are you asking Dallas? Is MS here?

Na... MS would never tell us. Some of the people this group reaches have an
inside track to what's going on.

Dallas

jimbob

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001

Dallas wrote:
> Well... they've been hiring all kinds of part time help on the project...
> are they behind or are they building something really good?
>

> Dallas

From an ol' programmer ....... Much of the creation of software is
centered around the design process done by those who are most familiar
with the process ( permanent staff ). Once that's done you can grab up
some good techies' ( programmers ) and cut them loose on the specs that
were produced by the design/enhancement analysis and specification
process. There was an old saying that a good program was about 40%
actual coding and 60% design and analysis ( the numbers change depending
on who you talk to ).

The places I worked just "chucked" you some requirements and said "get
coding" ( a common practice ) but not likely in this case , to much
public exposure for the final product. So my answer to your question as
a positive "could be either one" with the addition of might be replacing
folks that can't hack pressure programming !

JimBob
"Master of the SR. Moment"

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:29:51 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "David"
>> Who are you asking Dallas? Is MS here?
>
> Na... MS would never tell us. Some of the people this group reaches have an
> inside track to what's going on.

MS regularly posts their "job openings" on their website.... no "inside
track" is necessary... ;)

Bill