Cached username/password corrupt??

Hello there. Windows XP Pro system that accesses a
network. All of a sudden, while disconnected from the
network, using a laptop, Windows won't accept the cached
username/password. Windows says either the password or
domain are incorrect. However, I am the pc tech for my
company and I have verified that the
username/password/domain are correct. In fact, I am able
to log into the machine as administrator using cached
username/password/domain. Just to be sure I logged on
with the username/password/domain on another machine
(connected to the network) with no problems. This person
has not changed password in several months and logged
into the machine while offline as recently as yesterday.
Caps lock and num lock have been checked. Has anyone ever
heard of cached username/password becoming corrupt and
why? Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about cached username password corrupt

    Please ask this question in the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "pd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there. Windows XP Pro system that accesses a
    > network. All of a sudden, while disconnected from the
    > network, using a laptop, Windows won't accept the cached
    > username/password. Windows says either the password or
    > domain are incorrect. However, I am the pc tech for my
    > company and I have verified that the
    > username/password/domain are correct. In fact, I am able
    > to log into the machine as administrator using cached
    > username/password/domain. Just to be sure I logged on
    > with the username/password/domain on another machine
    > (connected to the network) with no problems. This person
    > has not changed password in several months and logged
    > into the machine while offline as recently as yesterday.
    > Caps lock and num lock have been checked. Has anyone ever
    > heard of cached username/password becoming corrupt and
    > why? Thanks in advance.

    Thaks Michael. I have done as much. Hopefully someone
    will be able to help. Thanks again.

    You're welcome, good luck.

    --

    > Thaks Michael. I have done as much. Hopefully someone
    > will be able to help. Thanks again.

Domain Microsoft Windows XP