Compressed Folders Functions Not Present

In Add/Remove Porgrams\Windows Setup, I have Compressed Folders selected
under System Tools, yet when I go to a directory in Explore and right-click,
I don't see any functions for working with compressed folders. I've used
compressed folders before, but recently format my hard disk and get a clean
installation of Windows Me.
What might be keeping the compressed folders functionality from availing
itself? Thanks.

Phil
2 answers Last reply
More about compressed folders functions present

    Phillip Galey wrote:
    > In Add/Remove Porgrams\Windows Setup, I have Compressed Folders selected
    > under System Tools, yet when I go to a directory in Explore and right-click,
    > I don't see any functions for working with compressed folders. I've used
    > compressed folders before, but recently format my hard disk and get a clean
    > installation of Windows Me.
    > What might be keeping the compressed folders functionality from availing
    > itself? Thanks.

    Try Uninstalling Compressed Folders, then rebooting, then Installing
    Compressed Folders again; might work.

    Rick

    Phillip:

    Did you look in your "Send To" folder to see whether the "Compressed Folder"
    is present?

    Harry.

    "Phillip Galey" <pgaley73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In Add/Remove Porgrams\Windows Setup, I have Compressed Folders selected
    > under System Tools, yet when I go to a directory in Explore and
    right-click,
    > I don't see any functions for working with compressed folders. I've used
    > compressed folders before, but recently format my hard disk and get a
    clean
    > installation of Windows Me.
    > What might be keeping the compressed folders functionality from availing
    > itself? Thanks.
    >
    > Phil

Microsoft Windows