Firewire header to external port

I have been researching this for over a week, with little to no
success (probably due to the way I'm searching). So now I"ve
decided I need a little help. I have an MSI K8N Neo mainboard
that has two firewire headers. The mainboard did not come with
any method of connecting the headers to either the front or back
of a case. What I'm looking for is something like:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-999-752&depa=0

but without the USB portion. I would get this item, but it is
currently unavailable. However, I would prefer something that
goes on the front. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
---
Rebulous
2 answers Last reply
More about firewire header external port

    Rebulous wrote:
    > I have been researching this for over a week, with little to no
    > success (probably due to the way I'm searching). So now I"ve
    > decided I need a little help. I have an MSI K8N Neo mainboard
    > that has two firewire headers. The mainboard did not come with
    > any method of connecting the headers to either the front or back
    > of a case. What I'm looking for is something like:
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-999-752&depa=0
    >
    > but without the USB portion. I would get this item, but it is
    > currently unavailable. However, I would prefer something that
    > goes on the front. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thank you.
    > ---
    > Rebulous

    Hi. Check out the products on this page:
    http://www.frontx.com/order_a.html

    Half-way down you'll see a product called:
    "IEEE 1394 CABLE 2.5' - 6 pin M to 2x5 F"

    That will give you something you can plug into a product like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-111-602&depa=0

    Which will put firewire ports in a spare 3.5" drive bay.

    There are cheaper options for front firewire, but most give you just one
    port. Up to you.

    I have 2 of these here and they work ok. It does have the usb as well but

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-111-603&depa=0

    Regards, Bob Troll

Homebuilt Firewire Systems