Macromedia and Shockwave

What is the iomportance of Macromedia and Shockwave contents
in the WinMe os. There are lot of entries in the registry. I am not a music
lover and cannot find any reference to files Macromedia.com and
Shockwave.com on hd.

Could the registry entries be deleted without any serios consequence
for the WinMe running? There seems to be no reference in Help and
Support.

There are no files macromedia.com or shockwave.com. Shockwave Flash is an
Active-X plug-in. If you don't want to visit web sites that use such
content then disable shockwave. Neither has anything as such to do with
the music but rather with animation on web sites.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

> What is the iomportance of Macromedia and Shockwave contents
> in the WinMe os. There are lot of entries in the registry. I am not a
> music lover and cannot find any reference to files Macromedia.com and
> Shockwave.com on hd.
>
> Could the registry entries be deleted without any serios consequence
> for the WinMe running? There seems to be no reference in Help and
> Support.

Mike
Thanks for the advice.