Opinions on Shin-Etsu MicroSi thermal compounds?

Who amoungst you out there are or have used Shin-Etsu MicroSi thermal
compound or gel or phase change material? What do you think of it? How do
you stack it up against Arctic Silver 5 and/or Ceramique?

"signmeuptoo" <signmeuptoo_no_spam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Who amoungst you out there are or have used Shin-Etsu MicroSi thermal
> compound or gel or phase change material? What do you think of it? How
> do
> you stack it up against Arctic Silver 5 and/or Ceramique?

its more important how you apply the goo. i.e as thinly as possible. The
idea is that you fill the microgaps between the two surfaces. precut
thermal pads aren't bad. I think the difference between standard goo that
comes with retail processor and fan and super expensive stuff was about 1
degree centrigrade if that. The test report i read rated toothpaste and
marmite better. Basically the even the best stuff acts as a thermal
insualtor unless you use all but the thinnest of applications. The rest of
the properties are such as that in 5 years time in constant use it is still
in a goo like state and not gone hard. All in all invest your time and
money on quality coolers and use whatever standard goo is supplied.