"EN" icon in tray

There is a green box with the letters "EN" in my system tray. It was not
there a couple of hours ago. How do I get it to go away? What is it? I
searched help but could not find anything regarding it.

All help is appreciated.

--

-Jesse

Are you getting your Daily Brief?
http://home.comcast.net/~dailybrief
7 answers Last reply
More about icon tray

    Dunno what the "EN" is, but could well be something nasty.

    First, run your virus checker (with its latest definitions!!) and any other
    malware utilities you have.

    Then, irrespective of whether you found anything (but DO run your AV
    first!!) run System Restore and roll-back to the last date/time BEFORE the
    "EN" started to appear.

    Mart

    "KingTek" <no.spam@for.me> wrote in message
    > There is a green box with the letters "EN" in my system tray. It was not
    > there a couple of hours ago. How do I get it to go away? What is it? I
    > searched help but could not find anything regarding it.
    >
    > All help is appreciated.
    >
    > --
    >
    > -Jesse
    >
    > Are you getting your Daily Brief?
    > http://home.comcast.net/~dailybrief

    Jesse wrote:

    <<<
    There is a green box with the letters "EN" in my system tray. It was not
    > there a couple of hours ago. How do I get it to go away?

    I have just such an icon in my system tray , except its blue rather than
    green.. This might be totally different from what youre describing. But in
    MY OWN case it is really a shortcut to:

    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTERNAT.EXE

    I have it there by design so I can shift keyborad languages. I can remove
    it by unchecking the entry "internat.exe" in Msconfig. But if I click on a
    shortcut to the internat.exe it will reappear in my System Tray and remain
    there until I remove it again via Msconfig. if you right-click on that icon
    , you might get "Properties", and it will show which languages your keyboard
    is enabled to work in. If its the same shortcut in your case, it is puzzling
    how it got there in the first place without your knowing it. unless you
    accidentally clicked on a shortcut like that....

    Sure warrants an AV scan though.

    -Ira

    **********************************

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    | Dunno what the "EN" is, but could well be something nasty.
    |
    | First, run your virus checker (with its latest definitions!!) and any
    other
    | malware utilities you have.
    |
    | Then, irrespective of whether you found anything (but DO run your AV
    | first!!) run System Restore and roll-back to the last date/time BEFORE the
    | "EN" started to appear.
    |
    | Mart
    |

    | "KingTek" <no.spam@for.me> wrote in message
    | > There is a green box with the letters "EN" in my system tray. It was not
    | > there a couple of hours ago. How do I get it to go away? What is it? I
    | > searched help but could not find anything regarding it.
    | >
    | > All help is appreciated.
    | >
    | > --
    | >
    | > -Jesse
    | >
    | > Are you getting your Daily Brief?
    | > http://home.comcast.net/~dailybrief

    Although I don't recognise it as being green, En in the systray is usually
    an indication that you have your PC and keyboard configured for more than
    one language or layout and are currently using English. Clicking the En
    symbol should then open a menu listing the installed keyboard languages.

    If you want just the one keyboard language/layout then open the Control
    Panel, select and open Keyboard, click the Language tab and select and
    remove any unwanted languages, then click Apply and close the applet..
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    KingTek <no.spam@for.me> wrote:

    > There is a green box with the letters "EN" in my system tray. It was
    > not there a couple of hours ago. How do I get it to go away? What is
    > it? I searched help but could not find anything regarding it.
    >
    > All help is appreciated.

    A musthave is the 'winpatrol' program (www.winpatrol.com)
    It's checks if a program is trying to put itself into the startup
    sequence...and gives a warning and a choice to
    allow that or not...
    Also you can see what the startuptasks are and which are currently running
    and much more....
    Really it's not only for free but it's also a musthave !!!!

    G.

    "KingTek" <no.spam@for.me> schreef in bericht
    > There is a green box with the letters "EN" in my system tray. It was not
    > there a couple of hours ago. How do I get it to go away? What is it? I
    > searched help but could not find anything regarding it.
    >
    > All help is appreciated.
    >
    > --
    >
    > -Jesse
    >
    > Are you getting your Daily Brief?
    > http://home.comcast.net/~dailybrief

    .....<g> is someone loosing its cool? Wonder who the real moron is??
    Cheers - Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    > ....<g> is someone loosing its cool?

    "loosing", like the opposite of tightening?

    > Wonder who the real moron is??
    > Cheers - Paul
    > --
    > cogito ergo sum

    If you want everyone to know who you are respondng to, you need to include
    the message with your response. If, per chance, you are referring to me, I
    didn't lose my cool. Pointing out that someone is being a moron does not
    necessarily mean one is losing one's cool.

    --
    Alias

    Alias
    Only six people responded to this thread, if the hat fits, wear it. I found
    your response unnecessarily rude and out of tone usually used in this forum,
    but than thats just my opinion and not an argument.
    Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "Alias" wrote:

    > "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > >
    > > ....<g> is someone loosing its cool?
    >
    > "loosing", like the opposite of tightening?
    >
    > > Wonder who the real moron is??
    > > Cheers - Paul
    > > --
    > > cogito ergo sum
    >
    > If you want everyone to know who you are respondng to, you need to include
    > the message with your response. If, per chance, you are referring to me, I
    > didn't lose my cool. Pointing out that someone is being a moron does not
    > necessarily mean one is losing one's cool.
    >
    > --
    > Alias
    >
    > Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
    > Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.

Green Microsoft Windows