Windows Font Viewer For Windows Me

Hello,
I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
viewer.
Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
of programs to open the fonts in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
not work

Thanks

Win Me includes a built-in font viewer, fontview.exe, which should be
located in the windows folder, It doesn't however add anything to the
right click when viewing a font in the windows\fonts folder.
Double-clicking the font and opening it should be enough.

Using Control Panel | Folder Options | File Types, look for the TTF file
type and see what it says this file type opens with. It should show
"Windows Font Viewer". If not what does it say?
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

mowerman <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every
> time i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing
> happens, and when i right click and click on open as, I do not have
> the option of windows font viewer.
> Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my
> options of programs to open the fonts in?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i
> have downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting
> irritated , cause everyone says to just double click and they open.
> but as i said, that does not work
>
> Thanks

Thanks fo rthe help, I did what you said, and have them ot open in windows
font viewer, but still when i double click on them, they will not open . Is
there something else that i might need to do. I even tried a font viewer that
a friend of mine sent me, and it says when i try to see fonts that aren't
installed in that program that there is an error finding the other fonts ,
even in windows fonts.

"Mike M" wrote:

> Win Me includes a built-in font viewer, fontview.exe, which should be
> located in the windows folder, It doesn't however add anything to the
> right click when viewing a font in the windows\fonts folder.
> Double-clicking the font and opening it should be enough.
>
> Using Control Panel | Folder Options | File Types, look for the TTF file
> type and see what it says this file type opens with. It should show
> "Windows Font Viewer". If not what does it say?
> --
> Mike Maltby
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> mowerman <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every
> > time i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing
> > happens, and when i right click and click on open as, I do not have
> > the option of windows font viewer.
> > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my
> > options of programs to open the fonts in?
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i
> > have downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting
> > irritated , cause everyone says to just double click and they open.
> > but as i said, that does not work
> >
> > Thanks

Yes, fontview is standard in ME.
Check that you have it available for a doubleclick in
Explorer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
Navigate down to TTF
Press Advanced
Hilight "open", press Edit and see that it says:
C:\Windows\fontview.exe %1

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:02 -0700, "mowerman"
<mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
> I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
>i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
>i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
>viewer.
> Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
>of programs to open the fonts in?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
>downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
>everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
>not work
>
>Thanks

Are you talking about window explorer????????

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Yes, fontview is standard in ME.
> Check that you have it available for a doubleclick in
> Explorer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
> Navigate down to TTF
> Press Advanced
> Hilight "open", press Edit and see that it says:
> C:\Windows\fontview.exe %1
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:02 -0700, "mowerman"
> <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
> >i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
> >i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
> >viewer.
> > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
> >of programs to open the fonts in?
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
> >downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
> >everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
> >not work
> >
> >Thanks

H figured out what you were talking about , and it is set that way when i did
what the other post i got on here said to do bu going to control panes, but
the fonts still will not open, any other ideas???????

Thanks

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Yes, fontview is standard in ME.
> Check that you have it available for a doubleclick in
> Explorer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
> Navigate down to TTF
> Press Advanced
> Hilight "open", press Edit and see that it says:
> C:\Windows\fontview.exe %1
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:02 -0700, "mowerman"
> <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
> >i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
> >i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
> >viewer.
> > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
> >of programs to open the fonts in?
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
> >downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
> >everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
> >not work
> >
> >Thanks

Did you check that you have a copy of fontview.exe in your windows folder?
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

mowerman <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks fo rthe help, I did what you said, and have them ot open in
> windows font viewer, but still when i double click on them, they will
> not open . Is there something else that i might need to do. I even
> tried a font viewer that a friend of mine sent me, and it says when i
> try to see fonts that aren't installed in that program that there is
> an error finding the other fonts , even in windows fonts.

Yes I do have that in the windows folder, but i did notoce when i clicked it,
it said, in a window that popped up. FONT VIEWER
APPLICATION..........Requested file was not a valid font file.

I thought maybe it had never been activated, thats why i double clicked on
it.

Nothing has changed

thanks fot the help

Neil