Windows Font Viewer For Windows Me

Hello,
I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
viewer.
Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
of programs to open the fonts in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
not work

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about windows font viewer windows

    Win Me includes a built-in font viewer, fontview.exe, which should be
    located in the windows folder, It doesn't however add anything to the
    right click when viewing a font in the windows\fonts folder.
    Double-clicking the font and opening it should be enough.

    Using Control Panel | Folder Options | File Types, look for the TTF file
    type and see what it says this file type opens with. It should show
    "Windows Font Viewer". If not what does it say?
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    mowerman <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every
    > time i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing
    > happens, and when i right click and click on open as, I do not have
    > the option of windows font viewer.
    > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my
    > options of programs to open the fonts in?
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i
    > have downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting
    > irritated , cause everyone says to just double click and they open.
    > but as i said, that does not work
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks fo rthe help, I did what you said, and have them ot open in windows
    font viewer, but still when i double click on them, they will not open . Is
    there something else that i might need to do. I even tried a font viewer that
    a friend of mine sent me, and it says when i try to see fonts that aren't
    installed in that program that there is an error finding the other fonts ,
    even in windows fonts.

    "Mike M" wrote:

    > Win Me includes a built-in font viewer, fontview.exe, which should be
    > located in the windows folder, It doesn't however add anything to the
    > right click when viewing a font in the windows\fonts folder.
    > Double-clicking the font and opening it should be enough.
    >
    > Using Control Panel | Folder Options | File Types, look for the TTF file
    > type and see what it says this file type opens with. It should show
    > "Windows Font Viewer". If not what does it say?
    > --
    > Mike Maltby
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > mowerman <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every
    > > time i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing
    > > happens, and when i right click and click on open as, I do not have
    > > the option of windows font viewer.
    > > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my
    > > options of programs to open the fonts in?
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i
    > > have downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting
    > > irritated , cause everyone says to just double click and they open.
    > > but as i said, that does not work
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Yes, fontview is standard in ME.
    Check that you have it available for a doubleclick in
    Explorer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
    Navigate down to TTF
    Press Advanced
    Hilight "open", press Edit and see that it says:
    C:\Windows\fontview.exe %1

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:02 -0700, "mowerman"
    <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hello,
    > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
    >i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
    >i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
    >viewer.
    > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
    >of programs to open the fonts in?
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
    >downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
    >everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
    >not work
    >
    >Thanks

    Are you talking about window explorer????????

    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > Yes, fontview is standard in ME.
    > Check that you have it available for a doubleclick in
    > Explorer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
    > Navigate down to TTF
    > Press Advanced
    > Hilight "open", press Edit and see that it says:
    > C:\Windows\fontview.exe %1
    >
    > ....Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:02 -0700, "mowerman"
    > <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,
    > > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
    > >i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
    > >i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
    > >viewer.
    > > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
    > >of programs to open the fonts in?
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
    > >downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
    > >everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
    > >not work
    > >
    > >Thanks

    H figured out what you were talking about , and it is set that way when i did
    what the other post i got on here said to do bu going to control panes, but
    the fonts still will not open, any other ideas???????

    Thanks

    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > Yes, fontview is standard in ME.
    > Check that you have it available for a doubleclick in
    > Explorer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
    > Navigate down to TTF
    > Press Advanced
    > Hilight "open", press Edit and see that it says:
    > C:\Windows\fontview.exe %1
    >
    > ....Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:02 -0700, "mowerman"
    > <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,
    > > I am having troubles opening my fonts through c/windows/fonts. Every time
    > >i double click to see the font, and open the file, nothing happens, and when
    > >i right click and click on open as, I do not have the option of windows font
    > >viewer.
    > > Does Windows Me not have this? If it does, how do I add it to my options
    > >of programs to open the fonts in?
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause i cannot use fonts i have
    > >downloaded for my paint shop program, and I am getting irritated , cause
    > >everyone says to just double click and they open. but as i said, that does
    > >not work
    > >
    > >Thanks

    Did you check that you have a copy of fontview.exe in your windows folder?
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    mowerman <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Thanks fo rthe help, I did what you said, and have them ot open in
    > windows font viewer, but still when i double click on them, they will
    > not open . Is there something else that i might need to do. I even
    > tried a font viewer that a friend of mine sent me, and it says when i
    > try to see fonts that aren't installed in that program that there is
    > an error finding the other fonts , even in windows fonts.

    Yes I do have that in the windows folder, but i did notoce when i clicked it,
    it said, in a window that popped up. FONT VIEWER
    APPLICATION..........Requested file was not a valid font file.

    I thought maybe it had never been activated, thats why i double clicked on
    it.

    Nothing has changed

    thanks fot the help

    Neil

    "Mike M" wrote:

    > Did you check that you have a copy of fontview.exe in your windows folder?
    > --
    > Mike Maltby
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > mowerman <mowerman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks fo rthe help, I did what you said, and have them ot open in
    > > windows font viewer, but still when i double click on them, they will
    > > not open . Is there something else that i might need to do. I even
    > > tried a font viewer that a friend of mine sent me, and it says when i
    > > try to see fonts that aren't installed in that program that there is
    > > an error finding the other fonts , even in windows fonts.

Windows Me Font Microsoft Windows