Will upgrade from Me to XP solve crashes and other problems?

I am wondering if upgrading to XP will erase most, if not all, problems I'm
having with Me (crashes, explorer freezing up, etc), or should I take the
computer to Geek Squad and have them work on the computer?
I just don't have the time to sit down myself and try all the different
things in order to fix it...I'd love to, but I can only do so much in 24hrs,
darn it! ;)
Thanks in advance for your time, advice and sugestions.
The Dacian
2 answers Last reply
More about will upgrade solve crashes problems

    Whether upgrading will solve your problems rather depends on the cause of
    those problems however if they are a result of not keeping your PC fully
    patched and protected against malware then unless a person changes their
    habits those same problems will probably happen again and again in the
    future. It's a wild wild web out there and to keep a PC running sweetly
    does take time to maintain and keep running sweetly.

    Best of luck with whatever you decide.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    TheDacian <TheDacian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I am wondering if upgrading to XP will erase most, if not all,
    > problems I'm having with Me (crashes, explorer freezing up, etc), or
    > should I take the computer to Geek Squad and have them work on the
    > computer?
    > I just don't have the time to sit down myself and try all the
    > different things in order to fix it...I'd love to, but I can only do
    > so much in 24hrs, darn it! ;)
    > Thanks in advance for your time, advice and sugestions.
    > The Dacian

    If you won't spend the time maintaining your own system then Geek Squad
    can't do nay better.

    "TheDacian" <TheDacian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am wondering if upgrading to XP will erase most, if not all, problems I'm
    > having with Me (crashes, explorer freezing up, etc), or should I take the
    > computer to Geek Squad and have them work on the computer?
    > I just don't have the time to sit down myself and try all the different
    > things in order to fix it...I'd love to, but I can only do so much in
    > 24hrs,
    > darn it! ;)
    > Thanks in advance for your time, advice and sugestions.
    > The Dacian

Computers Microsoft Windows XP Windows