Will upgrade from Me to XP solve crashes and other problems?

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 20, 2005 4:45:04 AM

I am wondering if upgrading to XP will erase most, if not all, problems I'm
having with Me (crashes, explorer freezing up, etc), or should I take the
computer to Geek Squad and have them work on the computer?
I just don't have the time to sit down myself and try all the different
things in order to fix it...I'd love to, but I can only do so much in 24hrs,
darn it! ;)
Thanks in advance for your time, advice and sugestions.
The Dacian

More about : upgrade solve crashes problems

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:02:46 PM

Whether upgrading will solve your problems rather depends on the cause of
those problems however if they are a result of not keeping your PC fully
patched and protected against malware then unless a person changes their
habits those same problems will probably happen again and again in the
future. It's a wild wild web out there and to keep a PC running sweetly
does take time to maintain and keep running sweetly.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

TheDacian <TheDacian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if upgrading to XP will erase most, if not all,
> problems I'm having with Me (crashes, explorer freezing up, etc), or
> should I take the computer to Geek Squad and have them work on the
> computer?
> I just don't have the time to sit down myself and try all the
> different things in order to fix it...I'd love to, but I can only do
> so much in 24hrs, darn it! ;)
> Thanks in advance for your time, advice and sugestions.
> The Dacian
July 20, 2005 5:51:32 PM

If you won't spend the time maintaining your own system then Geek Squad
can't do nay better.