system restore disk space

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 20, 2005 10:28:32 PM

How much space should I set system restore to use. Right now it is at 3GB
(default?)

--

-Jesse

Are you getting your Daily Brief?
http://home.comcast.net/~dailybrief
July 20, 2005 11:01:42 PM

In news:VoadnZi0jfLeTUPfRVn-rg@comcast.com,
KingTek <no.spam@for.me> had this to say:

> How much space should I set system restore to use. Right now it is at
> 3GB (default?)

200 - 500 MB seems to be the recommendation from most people in the know...
Adjusting it for times when you're installing a large application has also
been recommended.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 4:06:41 AM

KingTek <no.spam@for.me> wrote:

> How much space should I set system restore to use. Right now it is at
> 3GB (default?)

A figure of 200MB is normally more than adequate for day to day use
allowing perhaps a week of checkpoints to be available although increasing
this to perhaps 400MB for a few days during periods of large installs such
Microsoft Office is advisable.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com