New Version for Firefox

Alias

1.0.6

--
Alias

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

So soon?? Thanks, amigo.......I will hit the website.

Heather

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:42:36 -0400, Heather wrote:

> So soon?? Thanks, amigo.......I will hit the website.

Not a security update. Whatever they did to patch a vulnerability, when
they released 1.0.5 it broke some sites. 1.0.6 is just to fix that problem.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

Alias

"N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:42:36 -0400, Heather wrote:
>
>> So soon?? Thanks, amigo.......I will hit the website.
>
> Not a security update. Whatever they did to patch a vulnerability, when
> they released 1.0.5 it broke some sites. 1.0.6 is just to fix that
> problem.
>
> --
> Norman

1.0.5 was only offered in English. The other languages skipped it.

--
Alias

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:29:35 +0200, Alias wrote:

> "N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:42:36 -0400, Heather wrote:
>>
>>> So soon?? Thanks, amigo.......I will hit the website.
>>
>> Not a security update. Whatever they did to patch a vulnerability, when
>> they released 1.0.5 it broke some sites. 1.0.6 is just to fix that
>> problem.

> 1.0.5 was only offered in English. The other languages skipped it.

Which was because of the reason that I mentioned, and alters not what I
wrote in any way.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

Alias

"N. Miller" wrote
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:29:35 +0200, Alias wrote:

>>> Not a security update. Whatever they did to patch a vulnerability, when
>>> they released 1.0.5 it broke some sites. 1.0.6 is just to fix that
>>> problem.
>

>> 1.0.5 was only offered in English. The other languages skipped it.
>
> Which was because of the reason that I mentioned, and alters not what I
> wrote in any way.
>
> --
> Norman

I never said what you wrote was wrong. I was just adding to it. Nor did I
say it was an "update" but a new *version*.

--
Alias

Alias wrote:
> Nor did I
> say it was an "update" but a new *version*.

In what way ?

rpl
Fx 1.0

Alias

"Rick T" wrote

> Alias wrote:
> > Nor did I
>> say it was an "update" but a new *version*.
>
> In what way ?
>
> rpl
> Fx 1.0

Ok, ok, call it what you want! I was just trying to help and you a**holes
have to get anal on me!

--
Alias

Alias wrote:
> "Rick T" wrote
>

>>Alias wrote:
>>
>>>Nor did I
>>>say it was an "update" but a new *version*.
>>
>>In what way ?
>>
>>rpl
>>Fx 1.0
>

> Ok, ok, call it what you want! I was just trying to help and you a**holes
> have to get anal on me!

As long as I'm being an "a**hole" then you can kiss mine; I just wanted
to know what changes have been made.

Rick
(again) FX 1.0

Alias

> Alias wrote:

>>>In what way ?
>>>
>>>rpl
>>>Fx 1.0
>>

>> Ok, ok, call it what you want! I was just trying to help and you a**holes
>> have to get anal on me!
>>

> As long as I'm being an "a**hole" then you can kiss mine;

Lovely. Sorry you didn't get the pun.

> I just wanted to know what changes have been made.
>

> Rick
> (again) FX 1.0

Do I look like a Mozilla programer to you?

--
Alias

Alias wrote:
> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Alias wrote:
>>
>>>"Rick T" wrote

>>>Ok, ok, call it what you want! I was just trying to help and you a**holes
>>>have to get anal on me!
>>
>>As long as I'm being an "a**hole" then you can kiss mine;
>
> Lovely. Sorry you didn't get the pun.

Ditto; get it? "a**hole" / "kiss my a**" ?
<sigh> no sense of humour in these groups.

>>I just wanted to know what changes have been made.

> Do I look like a Mozilla programer to you?

not sure what a Mozilla programmer's supposed to look like. But things
like "doesn't take half a minute to load anymore" would be nice to hear.

Rick

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:35:32 -0400, Rick T wrote:

> not sure what a Mozilla programmer's supposed to look like. But things
> like "doesn't take half a minute to load anymore" would be nice to hear.

Along with fixing some security issues, version 1.0.5 broke the way some
sites were displayed. Version 1.0.6 fixed the breakage, presumably with
breaking the security fixes.

--

N. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:35:32 -0400, Rick T wrote:
>

>>not sure what a Mozilla programmer's supposed to look like. But things
>>like "doesn't take half a minute to load anymore" would be nice to hear.
>

> Along with fixing some security issues, version 1.0.5 broke the way some
> sites were displayed. Version 1.0.6 fixed the breakage, presumably with
> breaking the security fixes.

<snicker>

so you can tell the Mozilla programmers by the egg on their faces...

Rick

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:55:41 -0400, Rick T wrote:

> N. Miller wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:35:32 -0400, Rick T wrote:
>>

>>>not sure what a Mozilla programmer's supposed to look like. But things
>>>like "doesn't take half a minute to load anymore" would be nice to hear.
>>

>> Along with fixing some security issues, version 1.0.5 broke the way some
>> sites were displayed. Version 1.0.6 fixed the breakage, presumably with
>> breaking the security fixes.
>>

> <snicker>
>
> so you can tell the Mozilla programmers by the egg on their faces...
>

> Rick

Well, maybe. Mozilla programmers are, generally, faster to fix security
holes than MSFT programmers. And, considering how long it took MSFT
programmers to come up with a cure for the KB891711 patch, which broke my
computer when I first installed it, the Mozilla programmers were quite
speedy with a fix for their broken patch! ;)

--

George wrote:
>>not sure what a Mozilla programmer's supposed to look like. But
>>things like "doesn't take half a minute to load anymore" would be
>>nice to hear.
>

>>Rick
>

> Rick
> Have a look at this site.
> http://home.earthlink.net/~montybarker/firefox.html
>
> Scroll down to: 'Now, here's a trick that should make Firefox fly.'
> See if that helps to speed up Firefox

yeah, I use them; seems to help. My problem is initial loading time
(which may be related to my inadevertent 512 byte sector size in Win2K
and have nothing to do with Fx at all)

Rick

Shane

Rick T wrote:
> George wrote:
>>> not sure what a Mozilla programmer's supposed to look like. But
>>> things like "doesn't take half a minute to load anymore" would be
>>> nice to hear.
>>

>>> Rick
>>

>> Rick
>> Have a look at this site.
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~montybarker/firefox.html
>>
>> Scroll down to: 'Now, here's a trick that should make Firefox fly.'
>> See if that helps to speed up Firefox
>
> yeah, I use them; seems to help. My problem is initial loading time
> (which may be related to my inadevertent 512 byte sector size in Win2K
> and have nothing to do with Fx at all)

I doubt it, Rick, the initial load time bugs me, too.

Shane