Longhorn

I see that it has now been announced that it will be called Windows Vista
<g>
Joan
20 answers Last reply
More about longhorn

    Just watch the money rolling in from Bill Gate's perspective.
    He could finance the USA all by himself.

    Harry.

    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > I see that it has now been announced that it will be called Windows Vista
    > <g>
    > Joan

    "Hasta la *vista*, baby."

    Heh.

    --
    Alias

    "Alias" wrote:
    > "Hasta la *vista*, baby."

    <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1839889,00.asp>
    <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx>

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Actually, he couldn't even cover 25% of what's been spent in Iraq so far,
    much less fund the US goverment. Compared to what Bush & Co. have to spend,
    Gates is a pauper.

    --
    Alias

    "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote

    > Just watch the money rolling in from Bill Gate's perspective.
    > He could finance the USA all by himself.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> I see that it has now been announced that it will be called Windows Vista
    >> <g>
    >> Joan

    HA! I just installed Presto! Page Manager and the VistaAccess scanner software
    onto a Win 98SE machine 2 days ago. The computer should be tossed already, but
    there is no arguing with someone who doesn't care what you say.

    "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > I see that it has now been announced that it will be called Windows
    > Vista <g>
    > Joan

    As Silj Mentions PCMAG.COM "Longhorn" will be called "Windows Vista" wonder
    why they borrowed the IBM Vista series name?? Might be a clash but then IBM
    may be no match for Gates...
    Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    PAT (Paul) wrote:
    > As Silj Mentions PCMAG.COM "Longhorn" will be called "Windows Vista"
    > wonder why they borrowed the IBM Vista series name?? Might be a clash
    > but then IBM may be no match for Gates...

    You're thinking of 'Vesta'.

    Shane

    Shane
    Nope. I'm sitting in from of my box with large IBM on the top and on the
    botton right hand side "NetVista". If my memory serves me right, when I
    bought it, there were several choices in the Vista serie to choose from.
    Regards, Paul
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "Shane" wrote:

    > PAT (Paul) wrote:
    > > As Silj Mentions PCMAG.COM "Longhorn" will be called "Windows Vista"
    > > wonder why they borrowed the IBM Vista series name?? Might be a clash
    > > but then IBM may be no match for Gates...
    >
    > You're thinking of 'Vesta'.
    >

    > Shane

    's okay, it's just a weak joke re matches, ie the kind you strike. Probably
    have to be Brit to get it (as well as infantile!).

    Shane

    "PAT (Paul)" <PATPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Shane
    > Nope. I'm sitting in from of my box with large IBM on the top and on the
    > botton right hand side "NetVista". If my memory serves me right, when I
    > bought it, there were several choices in the Vista serie to choose from.
    > Regards, Paul
    > --
    > cogito ergo sum
    >

    > "Shane" wrote:
    >
    >> PAT (Paul) wrote:
    >> > As Silj Mentions PCMAG.COM "Longhorn" will be called "Windows Vista"
    >> > wonder why they borrowed the IBM Vista series name?? Might be a clash
    >> > but then IBM may be no match for Gates...
    >>
    >> You're thinking of 'Vesta'.
    >>

    >> Shane

    (I wondered why I understood what you were on about!<g>)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > 's okay, it's just a weak joke re matches, ie the kind you strike.
    > Probably have to be Brit to get it (as well as infantile!).
    >

    > Shane

    lol!

    and again!

    Shane

    > (I wondered why I understood what you were on about!<g>)
    >
    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> 's okay, it's just a weak joke re matches, ie the kind you strike.
    >> Probably have to be Brit to get it (as well as infantile!).
    >>

    >> Shane

    Hi Joan :-)

    >I see that it has now been announced that it will be called Windows Vista
    ><g>
    > Joan

    Heh! I got hungry every time I heard or saw it. Reminded me of
    cheese......and snack crackers....and cold beer....>>>>>>>>>>>

    Jan :)

    <lol> Even I understood that one and that's not always possible with Shane
    <g>
    Joan

    Noel Paton wrote:
    > (I wondered why I understood what you were on about!<g>)

    Then my work here is overdone!

    (If you understand *that*, I'll be a wardrobe's lightbulb!)

    Shane

    Joan Archer wrote:
    > <lol> Even I understood that one and that's not always possible with
    > Shane <g>
    > Joan
    >
    > Noel Paton wrote:
    >> (I wondered why I understood what you were on about!<g>)

    they do say that insanity is infectious.......

    --

    > Then my work here is overdone!
    >
    > (If you understand *that*, I'll be a wardrobe's lightbulb!)
    >

    > Shane
    >
    > Joan Archer wrote:
    >> <lol> Even I understood that one and that's not always possible with
    >> Shane <g>
    >> Joan
    >>
    >> Noel Paton wrote:
    >>> (I wondered why I understood what you were on about!<g>)

    <lol> Until I told John the reason for the codenames he always associated
    the name of Longhorn with the cattle breed <g>
    Joan

    Jan Il wrote:
    > Hi Joan :-)
    > Heh! I got hungry every time I heard or saw it. Reminded me of
    > cheese......and snack crackers....and cold beer....>>>>>>>>>>>
    >
    > Jan :)
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    "> <lol> Until I told John the reason for the codenames he always associated
    > the name of Longhorn with the cattle breed <g>
    > Joan

    Having grown up in Texas, that was my first thought too when I first hear of
    it. But, the more I thought of it, the more I thought of Longhorn cheese.
    It's one of my fav's. <g>

    Jan :)

    > Jan Il wrote:
    >> Hi Joan :-)
    >> Heh! I got hungry every time I heard or saw it. Reminded me of
    >> cheese......and snack crackers....and cold beer....>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>
    >> Jan :)

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-choo!!!..........'scuse me. <sniffle>

    Also <skiffle>.........Gor'blimey! Trousers!

    Shane

    Noel Paton wrote:
    > they do say that insanity is infectious.......
    >

    > "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Then my work here is overdone!
    >>
    >> (If you understand *that*, I'll be a wardrobe's lightbulb!)
    >>

    >> Shane
    >>
    >> Joan Archer wrote:
    >>> <lol> Even I understood that one and that's not always possible with
    >>> Shane <g>
    >>> Joan

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Not having read much of this thread but Longhorn is the name of a bar in
    the valley between Whistler (the codename for what became XP) and
    Blackcomb (the codename of the operating system to follow Longhorn).
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Jan Il <abuse@localhost.com> wrote:

    > "> <lol> Until I told John the reason for the codenames he always
    > associated
    >> the name of Longhorn with the cattle breed <g>
    >> Joan
    >
    > Having grown up in Texas, that was my first thought too when I first
    > hear of it. But, the more I thought of it, the more I thought of
    > Longhorn cheese. It's one of my fav's. <g>
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Keep it coming - soaking in - not fully digested yet. <lol>
    --
    cogito ergo sum

    "Noel Paton" wrote:

    > they do say that insanity is infectious.......
    >
    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Then my work here is overdone!
    > >
    > > (If you understand *that*, I'll be a wardrobe's lightbulb!)
    > >

    > > Shane
    > >
    > > Joan Archer wrote:
    > >> <lol> Even I understood that one and that's not always possible with
    > >> Shane <g>
    > >> Joan

Microsoft Windows Vista Windows