More about files winme

    From: "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net>

    | Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
    | in WinMe?
    | Thanks.

    CMD files are NT based batch files that are similar to Win9x/ME - DOS BAT files. However,
    the interpreted languange in NT goes much further in the NT CMD.EXE command interpreter.
    You may be able to rename the .CMD to .BAT but, there is a good chance that there are
    enhanced interpreted features that WinME interpreter will not understand.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    AAH,

    What sort of batch files are you think of or do you mean you want to use
    commands that form part of XP's CMD command processor that do not exist in
    Win Me's command processor, command.com? Have you tried changing the cmd
    extension to bat?

    If you want to run some XP type commands you might want to have a look at
    Win95Cmd.exe (http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/batch/fixcmd.htm).
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

    > Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
    > in WinMe?
    > Thanks.

    Mike
    I downloaded Excopy.zip file and to set it up
    i need to run the file ExCopy.setup.cmd.
    Please have a look on the other information.
    Thanks for your attention.
    ExCopy
    http://www.xyro.com/download.html
    ExCopy.Readme.html )
    ExCopy.dll ) Zip file
    ExCopy.setup.cmd )

    ExCopy 2.2

    Excopy is a little tool to copy the viewed contents of an explorer window in
    text format to the clipboard. Excopy is a menu extension for the Files and
    Folders, it displays the option 'Copy view text'.

    ExCopy is able to copy from any explorer window - That is not only the files
    in the current folder, or the Recycle Bin but also the list of Network
    Connections or the Control Panel - onto the clipboard.

    Usage

    ExCopy is a simple Explorer menu extension. Right-Click a file or folder in
    the window that you need the text from, and choose 'Copy view text' from the
    menu. ExCopy will then copy the text from the current window, and show a
    little dialog where you can adapt settings to copy the text you need.

    In List view, Icon view etc, only the list of displayed file names is
    copied.

    In the View Details mode, all columns are copied, delimited by a tab
    character.

    Setup/Install

    Note: If you have an earlier version active, please uninstall that one
    first.

    The easiest way to try or start using ExCopy is:

    Copy the 3 files in this zip file to a local folder, e.g. C:\Windows. The
    file names are chosen so that (sorted by name) they appear next to each
    other.
    Execute 'ExCopy.setup.cmd' (Double-click) and choose 'OK' to Activate.
    ExCopy will now be loaded by Explorer and you have an extra menu option on
    all files and folders: 'Copy view text'.

    AAH,

    What sort of batch files are you think of or do you mean you want to use
    commands that form part of XP's CMD command processor that do not exist in
    Win Me's command processor, command.com? Have you tried changing the cmd
    extension to bat?

    If you want to run some XP type commands you might want to have a look at
    Win95Cmd.exe (http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/batch/fixcmd.htm).
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

    > Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
    > in WinMe?
    > Thanks.

    David
    Thanks for your attention.

    From: "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net>

    | Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
    | in WinMe?
    | Thanks.

    CMD files are NT based batch files that are similar to Win9x/ME - DOS BAT
    files. However,
    the interpreted languange in NT goes much further in the NT CMD.EXE command
    interpreter.
    You may be able to rename the .CMD to .BAT but, there is a good chance that
    there are
    enhanced interpreted features that WinME interpreter will not understand.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Mike
    David
    It does work by changing it .BAT
    but not perfect.
    Thanks once again both of you.

    "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
    Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
    in WinMe?
    Thanks.

    AAH,

    I can't see anything special in ExCopy.setup.cmd which just contains the
    command
    start rundll32 excopy.dll,setup
    I placed excopy.dll in the Windows folder and then entered
    rundll32 c:\windows\excopy.dll,setup
    in the Win Me Run window and it seems to work as intended.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

    > Mike
    > I downloaded Excopy.zip file and to set it up
    > i need to run the file ExCopy.setup.cmd.
    > Please have a look on the other information.
    > Thanks for your attention.
    > ExCopy
    > http://www.xyro.com/download.html
    > ExCopy.Readme.html )
    > ExCopy.dll ) Zip file
    > ExCopy.setup.cmd )

    Mike
    Thanks I given up since it did not do what i
    wanted to do.
    I was trying to print the lefthand column of
    regedit similiar to explorer's Folders Bar like
    "tree patern"as i thought it could convert it to
    text format for easy printing. Printing by a
    screen capture utility is biit fussy.
    Thanks for your attention.
    AAH,

    I can't see anything special in ExCopy.setup.cmd which just contains the
    command
    start rundll32 excopy.dll,setup
    I placed excopy.dll in the Windows folder and then entered
    rundll32 c:\windows\excopy.dll,setup
    in the Win Me Run window and it seems to work as intended.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

    > Mike
    > I downloaded Excopy.zip file and to set it up
    > i need to run the file ExCopy.setup.cmd.
    > Please have a look on the other information.
    > Thanks for your attention.
    > ExCopy
    > http://www.xyro.com/download.html
    > ExCopy.Readme.html )