.CMD files - WinMe

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 23, 2005 12:59:59 AM

Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
in WinMe?
Thanks.

More about : cmd files winme

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:00:00 AM

From: "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net>

| Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
| in WinMe?
| Thanks.

CMD files are NT based batch files that are similar to Win9x/ME - DOS BAT files. However,
the interpreted languange in NT goes much further in the NT CMD.EXE command interpreter.
You may be able to rename the .CMD to .BAT but, there is a good chance that there are
enhanced interpreted features that WinME interpreter will not understand.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

AAH,

What sort of batch files are you think of or do you mean you want to use
commands that form part of XP's CMD command processor that do not exist in
Win Me's command processor, command.com? Have you tried changing the cmd
extension to bat?

If you want to run some XP type commands you might want to have a look at
Win95Cmd.exe (http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/batch/fixcmd.htm).
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

> Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
> in WinMe?
> Thanks.
July 23, 2005 4:53:57 AM

Mike
I downloaded Excopy.zip file and to set it up
i need to run the file ExCopy.setup.cmd.
Please have a look on the other information.
Thanks for your attention.
ExCopy
http://www.xyro.com/download.html
ExCopy.Readme.html )
ExCopy.dll ) Zip file
ExCopy.setup.cmd )

ExCopy 2.2

Excopy is a little tool to copy the viewed contents of an explorer window in
text format to the clipboard. Excopy is a menu extension for the Files and
Folders, it displays the option 'Copy view text'.

ExCopy is able to copy from any explorer window - That is not only the files
in the current folder, or the Recycle Bin but also the list of Network
Connections or the Control Panel - onto the clipboard.

Usage

ExCopy is a simple Explorer menu extension. Right-Click a file or folder in
the window that you need the text from, and choose 'Copy view text' from the
menu. ExCopy will then copy the text from the current window, and show a
little dialog where you can adapt settings to copy the text you need.

In List view, Icon view etc, only the list of displayed file names is
copied.

In the View Details mode, all columns are copied, delimited by a tab
character.

Setup/Install

Note: If you have an earlier version active, please uninstall that one
first.

The easiest way to try or start using ExCopy is:

Copy the 3 files in this zip file to a local folder, e.g. C:\Windows. The
file names are chosen so that (sorted by name) they appear next to each
other.
Execute 'ExCopy.setup.cmd' (Double-click) and choose 'OK' to Activate.
ExCopy will now be loaded by Explorer and you have an extra menu option on
all files and folders: 'Copy view text'.

AAH,

What sort of batch files are you think of or do you mean you want to use
commands that form part of XP's CMD command processor that do not exist in
Win Me's command processor, command.com? Have you tried changing the cmd
extension to bat?

If you want to run some XP type commands you might want to have a look at
Win95Cmd.exe (http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/batch/fixcmd.htm).
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

> Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
> in WinMe?
> Thanks.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:55:34 AM

David
Thanks for your attention.

From: "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net>

| Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
| in WinMe?
| Thanks.

CMD files are NT based batch files that are similar to Win9x/ME - DOS BAT
files. However,
the interpreted languange in NT goes much further in the NT CMD.EXE command
interpreter.
You may be able to rename the .CMD to .BAT but, there is a good chance that
there are
enhanced interpreted features that WinME interpreter will not understand.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:05:12 AM

Mike
David
It does work by changing it .BAT
but not perfect.
Thanks once again both of you.

"AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
news:o 4by3fvjFHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
Is there way arround to run the .CMD files
in WinMe?
Thanks.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:25:47 AM

AAH,

I can't see anything special in ExCopy.setup.cmd which just contains the
command
start rundll32 excopy.dll,setup
I placed excopy.dll in the Windows folder and then entered
rundll32 c:\windows\excopy.dll,setup
in the Win Me Run window and it seems to work as intended.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

> Mike
> I downloaded Excopy.zip file and to set it up
> i need to run the file ExCopy.setup.cmd.
> Please have a look on the other information.
> Thanks for your attention.
> ExCopy
> http://www.xyro.com/download.html
> ExCopy.Readme.html )
> ExCopy.dll ) Zip file
> ExCopy.setup.cmd )
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 7:41:51 AM

Mike
Thanks I given up since it did not do what i
wanted to do.
I was trying to print the lefthand column of
regedit similiar to explorer's Folders Bar like
"tree patern"as i thought it could convert it to
text format for easy printing. Printing by a
screen capture utility is biit fussy.
Thanks for your attention.

!