Windows Update failure

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
July 22, 2005 10:42:55 PM

Good Day: First time! Please excuse.
I have WindowsME. IE6 When the Update icon
appears on the systray I always click to Upgrade. I occasionally (like now)
continue to get the icon to upgrade. If I check Upgrade History it shows
"Failure". What is the cause and, what is the solution?

Edourdo

More about : windows update failure

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 3:31:15 PM

Ed,

Open the Windows Update.log located in the WINDOWS directory with
Notepad and copy&paste the most recent date's entries into your reply.
Please, do not post the entire log.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2005]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten