Windows Update failure

Good Day: First time! Please excuse.
I have WindowsME. IE6 When the Update icon
appears on the systray I always click to Upgrade. I occasionally (like now)
continue to get the icon to upgrade. If I check Upgrade History it shows
"Failure". What is the cause and, what is the solution?

Edourdo
1 answer Last reply
More about windows update failure

    Ed,

    Open the Windows Update.log located in the WINDOWS directory with
    Notepad and copy&paste the most recent date's entries into your reply.
    Please, do not post the entire log.

    MowGreen [MVP 2003-2005]
    ================
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten

    Ed Culley wrote:

    > Good Day: First time! Please excuse.
    > I have WindowsME. IE6 When the Update icon
    > appears on the systray I always click to Upgrade. I occasionally (like now)
    > continue to get the icon to upgrade. If I check Upgrade History it shows
    > "Failure". What is the cause and, what is the solution?
    >
    > Edourdo

Windows Update Microsoft Windows