PMDG Aircraft

Hi everyone

I have to ask i often read all the subject and and PMDG aircraft is always
popping up. Are these aircraft worth while downloading and flying, if so
where can i download free aircraft or do you have to pay for these types of
aircraft.

I am really interested in downloading some of these aircraft

thanks

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Cameron wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have to ask i often read all the subject and and PMDG aircraft is always
> popping up. Are these aircraft worth while downloading and flying, if so
> where can i download free aircraft or do you have to pay for these types of
> aircraft.
>
> I am really interested in downloading some of these aircraft
>
> thanks

Hi Cameron,

First go to http://avsim.com and just leaf through all the free
airplanes available. From the big heavys down to little cubs and
helicopters. After you find what you like best to fly, then you can
look into buying one of those aircraft. But I think it would be a
mistake to buy one so early on.

Buying a payware aircraft is almost a "must do" after you have dwindled
the list down to only a few types that you like to fly. The free
aircraft are great but the payware aircraft will usually bring you much
closer to what an aircraft of type might feel to fly.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:35:56 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
wrote:

>Cameron wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> I have to ask i often read all the subject and and PMDG aircraft is always
>> popping up. Are these aircraft worth while downloading and flying, if so
>> where can i download free aircraft or do you have to pay for these types of
>> aircraft.
>>
>> I am really interested in downloading some of these aircraft
>>
>> thanks
>>

>Hi Cameron,
>
>First go to http://avsim.com and just leaf through all the free
>airplanes available. From the big heavys down to little cubs and
>helicopters. After you find what you like best to fly, then you can
>look into buying one of those aircraft. But I think it would be a
>mistake to buy one so early on.
>
>Buying a payware aircraft is almost a "must do" after you have dwindled
>the list down to only a few types that you like to fly. The free
>aircraft are great but the payware aircraft will usually bring you much
>closer to what an aircraft of type might feel to fly.
>
>--
>
>boB
>
>U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
>Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)

Nuff said... (if I may say so) boB....

I did read the manual of a PMDG B737....... pffffffffffffff...........
Like you said, not for beginners...

I am still very much learning from this group and FS (6 months flying
now). The only thing I can say for sure: it is ADDICTIVE!!!! (FS9)

Greetings,

Chris from EBOS

Bob,

I'm going to stick my neck out here and disagree with you (A bit anyway). If
Cameron fancies trying lots of different looking aircraft, largely with the
same panel capability the advice is fine. If he really wants to learn about
the heavy metal he would be better jumping straight into something like the
PMDG, doing the tutorials, and being confident that it is quite a close
representation of the real thing.

I won't bother labouring this point as I've made it a number of times, but
it's just MHO.

Regards

Geoff

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Cameron wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > I have to ask i often read all the subject and and PMDG aircraft is
always
> > popping up. Are these aircraft worth while downloading and flying, if so
> > where can i download free aircraft or do you have to pay for these types
of
> > aircraft.
> >
> > I am really interested in downloading some of these aircraft
> >
> > thanks
> >

> Hi Cameron,
>
> First go to http://avsim.com and just leaf through all the free
> airplanes available. From the big heavys down to little cubs and
> helicopters. After you find what you like best to fly, then you can
> look into buying one of those aircraft. But I think it would be a
> mistake to buy one so early on.
>
> Buying a payware aircraft is almost a "must do" after you have dwindled
> the list down to only a few types that you like to fly. The free
> aircraft are great but the payware aircraft will usually bring you much
> closer to what an aircraft of type might feel to fly.
>
> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

GeoffC wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I'm going to stick my neck out here and disagree with you (A bit anyway). If
> Cameron fancies trying lots of different looking aircraft, largely with the
> same panel capability the advice is fine. If he really wants to learn about
> the heavy metal he would be better jumping straight into something like the
> PMDG, doing the tutorials, and being confident that it is quite a close
> representation of the real thing.
>
> I won't bother labouring this point as I've made it a number of times, but
> it's just MHO.
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff

Why do you say "sticking your neck out"? Your point is very good. If
we all had the same opinions, what would we talk about?

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote:

> If we all had the same opinions, what would we talk about?

The weather, the neighbors, and the Red Sox.

--
Peter

Bob,

I was just joking about the sticking my neck out bit, although I don't like
to contradict regular posters like yourself or people might think I'm a
right opinionated so and so :)

Cheers

> GeoffC wrote:
>
> > Bob,
> >
> > I'm going to stick my neck out here and disagree with you (A bit
anyway). If
> > Cameron fancies trying lots of different looking aircraft, largely with
the
> > same panel capability the advice is fine. If he really wants to learn
about
> > the heavy metal he would be better jumping straight into something like
the
> > PMDG, doing the tutorials, and being confident that it is quite a close
> > representation of the real thing.
> >
> > I won't bother labouring this point as I've made it a number of times,
but
> > it's just MHO.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Geoff
>
> Why do you say "sticking your neck out"? Your point is very good. If
> we all had the same opinions, what would we talk about?
>

> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

GeoffC wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I was just joking about the sticking my neck out bit, although I don't like
> to contradict regular posters like yourself or people might think I'm a
> right opinionated so and so :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff

Naww, never thought that for a second. :) Neither did any one else.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)