fans & DFI motherboard

question....

just got the DFI CA64-TC mainboard. it has 3 pins for the chassis fans. I
assume DFI is refering to the 2 80mm fans my case has. however, these 2
fans have 2 wires and are patched to the y-splitter power cable. do I need
to get a connector for the fans to be able to plug in the pins to the
motherboard or leave as is?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:48:31 -0600, Dilbert Firestorm
<scanb31@nospam.com> wrote:

>question....
>
>just got the DFI CA64-TC mainboard. it has 3 pins for the chassis fans. I
>assume DFI is refering to the 2 80mm fans my case has. however, these 2
>fans have 2 wires and are patched to the y-splitter power cable. do I need
>to get a connector for the fans to be able to plug in the pins to the
>motherboard or leave as is?

Leave as is, unless you really want to monitor the rpm's of the case
fans, then you would have to buy fans with three wires.

TRENDING THREADS