A source for jumpers...

While putting my hard drive in a USB external case, I managed to lose the
jumper that tells the drive its function as master, slave, etc.

Who sells these creatures on the net? TIA

Ed Cregger

--
Into quilting? Know a quilter that needs a novel, inexpensive gift?

Please visit http://www.quigleyquotables.com/ for the latest in modern, easy
to quilt patterns.

jad

foil and electrical tape...radio shack has a multi pac

"Ed Cregger" <amazingseismo@yahu.com (correct the spelling)> wrote in
message news:d1q41s02flm@enews3.newsguy.com...
> While putting my hard drive in a USB external case, I managed to lose the
> jumper that tells the drive its function as master, slave, etc.
>
> Who sells these creatures on the net? TIA
>
> Ed Cregger
>
> --
> Into quilting? Know a quilter that needs a novel, inexpensive gift?
>
> Please visit http://www.quigleyquotables.com/ for the latest in modern,
easy
> to quilt patterns.

anna

> "Ed Cregger" <amazingseismo@yahu.com (correct the spelling)> wrote in
> message news:d1q41s02flm@enews3.newsguy.com...
>> While putting my hard drive in a USB external case, I managed to lose the
>> jumper that tells the drive its function as master, slave, etc.
>>
>> Who sells these creatures on the net? TIA
>>
>> Ed Cregger

Ed:
Try http://drivejumper.com/
But do you really *need* your USB EHD to be jumpered? Every USB EHD I've
ever worked with - worked - regardless of its jumpered or jumperless
setting. Have you run into a problem with the drive not being recognized by
the system that's due to a jumpers issue?
Anna

Philo

"Ed Cregger" <amazingseismo@yahu.com (correct the spelling)> wrote in
message news:d1q41s02flm@enews3.newsguy.com...
> While putting my hard drive in a USB external case, I managed to lose the
> jumper that tells the drive its function as master, slave, etc.
>
> Who sells these creatures on the net? TIA

go to any used computer store.
they'll give you some free i'm sure

"Anna" <myname@myisp.net> wrote in message
>> "Ed Cregger" <amazingseismo@yahu.com (correct the spelling)> wrote in
>> message news:d1q41s02flm@enews3.newsguy.com...
>>> While putting my hard drive in a USB external case, I managed to lose
>>> the
>>> jumper that tells the drive its function as master, slave, etc.
>>>
>>> Who sells these creatures on the net? TIA
>>>
>>> Ed Cregger
>
> Ed:
> Try http://drivejumper.com/
> But do you really *need* your USB EHD to be jumpered? Every USB EHD I've
> ever worked with - worked - regardless of its jumpered or jumperless
> setting. Have you run into a problem with the drive not being recognized
> by the system that's due to a jumpers issue?
> Anna

A few years ago I did, Anna. I just assumed things had remained the same.
Fat chance of that, huh? <G>

Oops. I just reread your question. No, I haven't had a problem with a USB
EHD. This is the first one I have assembled, though I have two others that
came assembled, which did not require me to think about this subject
properly.

You make an interesting point, since I am not dealing with the computer's
IDE bus directly. You're a sharp one. Thanks.

Ed Cregger

"JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
> foil and electrical tape...radio shack has a multi pac

Thanks, Jad.

Ed Cregger

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Ed Cregger" <amazingseismo@yahu.com (correct the spelling)> wrote in
> message news:d1q41s02flm@enews3.newsguy.com...
>> While putting my hard drive in a USB external case, I managed to lose the
>> jumper that tells the drive its function as master, slave, etc.
>>
>> Who sells these creatures on the net? TIA
>>

> go to any used computer store.
> they'll give you some free i'm sure

Thanks, Philo.

Ed Cregger