How to install XP on a computer with no previous operating..

I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
want to install XP but get the error

"Invalid system disk"
replace the disk and then press any key

Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10

PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro from
the purchased CD's

I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
boot discs

HELP
4 answers Last reply
More about install computer previous operating

    Greetings --

    Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
    installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

    HOW TO Install Windows XP

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
    > drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
    > want to install XP but get the error
    >
    > "Invalid system disk"
    > replace the disk and then press any key
    >
    > Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
    >
    > PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
    > PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
    >
    > Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
    > CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro from
    > the purchased CD's
    >
    > I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
    > boot discs
    >
    > HELP

    Bruce
    Thank you for the advice. It worked!
    I am now able to get into setup.

    I really appreciate your help.

    THANK YOU

    Paul

    us;316941

    >http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
    >
    >http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm
    >

    >Bruce Chambers
    >--
    >Help us help you:
    >http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >
    >You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
    count on
    >having both at once. - RAH
    >

    >"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
    >> drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
    >> want to install XP but get the error
    >>
    >> "Invalid system disk"
    >> replace the disk and then press any key
    >>
    >> Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
    >>
    >> PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
    >> PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
    >>
    >> Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
    >> CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro
    from
    >> the purchased CD's
    >>
    >> I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
    >> boot discs
    >>
    >> HELP
    >>

    >.

    Consult the documentation that with the system to find out how to boot from
    CD. I can't be more specific than that since I have three machines,
    including a laptop, and all three have different ways altering the boot
    order in order to hit the CD. I've also seen other machines that offer a
    fourth way and I'm pretty sure there are other methods as well.

    --
    Walter Clayton - MS MVP(WinXP)
    Associate Expert

    "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
    > drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
    > want to install XP but get the error
    >
    > "Invalid system disk"
    > replace the disk and then press any key
    >
    > Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
    >
    > PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
    > PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
    >
    > Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
    > CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro from
    > the purchased CD's
    >
    > I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
    > boot discs
    >
    > HELP

    Greetings --

    You're welcome.