How to install XP on a computer with no previous operating..

Paul

Splendid

I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
want to install XP but get the error

"Invalid system disk"
replace the disk and then press any key

Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10

PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent

Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro from
the purchased CD's

I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
boot discs

HELP

Greetings --

Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
> drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
> want to install XP but get the error
>
> "Invalid system disk"
> replace the disk and then press any key
>
> Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
>
> PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
> PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
>
> Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
> CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro from
> the purchased CD's
>
> I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
> boot discs
>
> HELP

Paul

Splendid

Bruce
Thank you for the advice. It worked!
I am now able to get into setup.

I really appreciate your help.

THANK YOU

Paul

part of the
>installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the
order of boot
>devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)
>
>HOW TO Install Windows XP
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-
us;316941

>http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
>http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/clean_install.htm
>

>Bruce Chambers
>--
>Help us help you:
>http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
count on
>having both at once. - RAH
>

>"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
>> drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
>> want to install XP but get the error
>>
>> "Invalid system disk"
>> replace the disk and then press any key
>>
>> Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
>>
>> PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
>> PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
>>
>> Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
>> CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro
from
>> the purchased CD's
>>
>> I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
>> boot discs
>>
>> HELP
>>

>.

Consult the documentation that with the system to find out how to boot from
CD. I can't be more specific than that since I have three machines,
including a laptop, and all three have different ways altering the boot
order in order to hit the CD. I've also seen other machines that offer a
fourth way and I'm pretty sure there are other methods as well.

--
Walter Clayton - MS MVP(WinXP)
Associate Expert

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a new laptop with no operating system (hard
> drive formatted) and purchased XP pro separately. I now
> want to install XP but get the error
>
> "Invalid system disk"
> replace the disk and then press any key
>
> Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
>
> PXE-E61 "media test failure", Check cable
> PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
>
> Can someone advise on how to boot the system so that the
> CD drive is recognized and I can load Windows XP pro from
> the purchased CD's
>
> I do not have a floppy drive so I can not create floppy
> boot discs
>
> HELP

Greetings --

You're welcome.