Ad-aware Definition Update [SE1R58] 28.07.2005

<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14999>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Thank you, Silj.

Harry.

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14999>
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Silj, this time my download of definitions wouldn't complete and I was asked
to try again, twice, until I figured out why:
I had clicked too quickly on the download buttons.
Apparently IE needs time to figure things out itself.
All one has to do is, inject a little hesitation when clicking.
Does that make sense to you?
At any rate, it worked for me.

Harry.

"webster72n" wrote:

> Silj, this time my download of definitions wouldn't complete and I was asked
> to try again, twice, until I figured out why:
> I had clicked too quickly on the download buttons.
> Apparently IE needs time to figure things out itself.
> All one has to do is, inject a little hesitation when clicking.
> Does that make sense to you?
> At any rate, it worked for me.

Harry,
The update problem, everyone is seeing - regardless of O/S or Browser.
It's server-related but nobody knows the details.
How-To: Manually update Ad-aware:
<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=8713>

Use this file: http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net/public/defs.zip

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Thanks Silj, but I didn't have to use it because my download worked the
third time around. That's why I thought it might be my browser.
Whatever the case, if it should happen again ( this was the first time for
me), I'll use the manual download method you suggested here and in the past.
Appreciate your concern.