Ad-aware Definition Update [SE1R58] 28.07.2005

<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14999>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
4 answers Last reply
More about aware definition update se1r58 2005

    Thank you, Silj.

    Harry.

    "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=14999>
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Silj, this time my download of definitions wouldn't complete and I was asked
    to try again, twice, until I figured out why:
    I had clicked too quickly on the download buttons.
    Apparently IE needs time to figure things out itself.
    All one has to do is, inject a little hesitation when clicking.
    Does that make sense to you?
    At any rate, it worked for me.

    Harry.

    "webster72n" wrote:

    > Silj, this time my download of definitions wouldn't complete and I was asked
    > to try again, twice, until I figured out why:
    > I had clicked too quickly on the download buttons.
    > Apparently IE needs time to figure things out itself.
    > All one has to do is, inject a little hesitation when clicking.
    > Does that make sense to you?
    > At any rate, it worked for me.

    Harry,
    The update problem, everyone is seeing - regardless of O/S or Browser.
    It's server-related but nobody knows the details.
    How-To: Manually update Ad-aware:
    <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=8713>

    Use this file: http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net/public/defs.zip

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Thanks Silj, but I didn't have to use it because my download worked the
    third time around. That's why I thought it might be my browser.
    Whatever the case, if it should happen again ( this was the first time for
    me), I'll use the manual download method you suggested here and in the past.
    Appreciate your concern.

    > "webster72n" wrote:
    > >
    > > Silj, this time my download of definitions wouldn't complete and I was
    asked
    > > to try again, twice, until I figured out why:
    > > I had clicked too quickly on the download buttons.
    > > Apparently IE needs time to figure things out itself.
    > > All one has to do is, inject a little hesitation when clicking.
    > > Does that make sense to you?
    > > At any rate, it worked for me.
    >
    > Harry,
    > The update problem, everyone is seeing - regardless of O/S or Browser.
    > It's server-related but nobody knows the details.
    > How-To: Manually update Ad-aware:
    > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=8713>
    >
    > Use this file: http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net/public/defs.zip
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Internet Explorer Security Microsoft Windows